ADVERTISEMENT

Official Memphis Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Philosophical question: If a football game is played but no one is talking about it, does it count against the coach’s W-L record?

Tulane still having their Magic Season, but they don’t appear to have the horsepower to finish their schedule without another loss.

Did anybody else know Brin wasn’t going to play last week? I didn’t.

Went through Memphis on way to the Ole Miss game, went to a BBQ joint that Guy Fieri devoted 4 pages in his book about the best food in America, and all I can say is….yuck. Overrated. Literally had spaghetti as a side dish, per recommendation of the owner. Never again.

Elvis: 49
Tony Randall: 28

Reactions: Bill Lowery
As the season winds down toward basketball season, fans experience the excruciating pain of watching both teams in action.

Using alumni to predict the score, plus some AI thrown in for good measure, we get -

Fred Thompson 28
Rue McClanahan 16

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Philosophical question: If a football game is played but no one is talking about it, does it count against the coach’s W-L record?

Tulane still having their Magic Season, but they don’t appear to have the horsepower to finish their schedule without another loss.

Did anybody else know Brin wasn’t going to play last week? I didn’t.

Went through Memphis on way to the Ole Miss game, went to a BBQ joint that Guy Fieri devoted 4 pages in his book about the best food in America, and all I can say is….yuck. Overrated. Literally had spaghetti as a side dish, per recommendation of the owner. Never again.

Elvis: 49
Tony Randall: 28
Never trust the recommendation of someone with bleached hair.

• Haha
Reactions: Henry Kendall
No prediction just curious when the teams will be identified as dry rub ribs vs boloney?

Fan base wanting their coach gone for more then 5 years- 17
Fan base that has started to want their coach gone - 35

Reactions: maverickfp
Vinegar based sour bbq sauce -- 36

Mild and sweet bbq sauce -- 27

I don't think that TU can score enough to keep up.

TU 20
MU 49

I feel like John's voicemail in the movie Wedding Crashers...."This is John.....leave a message...whatever"

I will watch as it will give me something to do in between beers. Our team has quit, the coaches know they're gone, and Memphis is going to take us behind the woodshed.

Memphis 38
TU 20

I feel like John's voicemail in the movie Wedding Crashers...."This is John.....leave a message...whatever"

I will watch as it will give me something to do in between beers. Our team has quit, the coaches know they're gone, and Memphis is going to take us behind the woodshed.

Memphis 38
TU 20

I don't think that TU can score enough to keep up.

TU 20
MU 49

Memphis 38
TU 20

Sadly TU will be defeated for all the usual reasons we have become accustom to…..

Beale Street 35
11th Street 24

Dry Rub Ribs.... 63
Smoked Bologna .. 7

Meanwhile, Im looking for a TV in the middle of the GOM while I wait on my waiter to bring me my whiskey..

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TU_BLA
Memphis has lost a lot of close games recently. Houston, ECU, and UCF by one score. Tulane by 10. All of them are in the top 50% of Sagarin, Three of the four are already bowl eligible (looking at you Houston). About the same strength of schedule as Tulsa. That does not give me warm fuzzies.

Looking at the stats, Memphis is:
#6 in fewest penalties
#15 for defensive TDs
#25 in passing offense (#86 for rushing)
#111 in 3rd down conversion
#115 for sacks
#119 in passing yards allowed
#120 in kickoff return defense
and middle of the road in a ton of stats.

Stats for Tulsa's offense are basically meaningless, given that we have Prince back and maybe-probably lost Brin. But on the defensive side, Tulsa is #13 for passing yards allowed - so it probably comes down to our passing defense vs their passing offense. It should be an interesting showdown, and I think the decider will be how much time the line allows the passer. Tulsa is ranked #125 at getting sacks, and Memphis is ranked #103 in allowing sacks... so that's not helpful.

Overall, I think Memphis has been playing tight football games and remaining disciplined. I haven't watched enough of their games to know if film shows a different reality, but Memphis still has realistic bowl hopes and has shown they know how to stick around. If whomever our QB is can keep the defense honest, we may be able to run enough to keep ourselves in the game. Ultimately, I think the Hurricane is reduced to a tropical storm that the Tigers are capable of weathering.

Memphis: 38
Tulsa: 27

and that's fine. Lets rest up some of the starters to make sure they are fit to crush Houston's season. A Temple upset over the Kitties on Saturday, ECU does their job next week, and then Tulsa steps up to deny bowl eligibility to Houston in an otherwise meaningless game. At least give me something out of this season.

Memphis has lost a lot of close games recently. Houston, ECU, and UCF by one score. Tulane by 10. All of them are in the top 50% of Sagarin, Three of the four are already bowl eligible (looking at you Houston). About the same strength of schedule as Tulsa. That does not give me warm fuzzies.

Looking at the stats, Memphis is:
#6 in fewest penalties
#15 for defensive TDs
#25 in passing offense (#86 for rushing)
#111 in 3rd down conversion
#115 for sacks
#119 in passing yards allowed
#120 in kickoff return defense
and middle of the road in a ton of stats.

Stats for Tulsa's offense are basically meaningless, given that we have Prince back and maybe-probably lost Brin. But on the defensive side, Tulsa is #13 for passing yards allowed - so it probably comes down to our passing defense vs their passing offense. It should be an interesting showdown, and I think the decider will be how much time the line allows the passer. Tulsa is ranked #125 at getting sacks, and Memphis is ranked #103 in allowing sacks... so that's not helpful.

Overall, I think Memphis has been playing tight football games and remaining disciplined. I haven't watched enough of their games to know if film shows a different reality, but Memphis still has realistic bowl hopes and has shown they know how to stick around. If whomever our QB is can keep the defense honest, we may be able to run enough to keep ourselves in the game. Ultimately, I think the Hurricane is reduced to a tropical storm that the Tigers are capable of weathering.

Memphis: 38
Tulsa: 27

and that's fine. Lets rest up some of the starters to make sure they are fit to crush Houston's season. A Temple upset over the Kitties on Saturday, ECU does their job next week, and then Tulsa steps up to deny bowl eligibility to Houston in an otherwise meaningless game. At least give me something out of this season.

Stats wise, they look like Tulane lite.

Reactions: JesseTU

Memphis 38
TU 20
I don't think "Psycho" or number "47" Hall would ever quit!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT