ADVERTISEMENT

Official Jax State Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
It’s a little early for this, but let‘s get in to this.

We‘re back to the old days. Now we have an offense that at times feels like it can score at will, but we have to outscore the opponent because the D can’t stop anyone.

Jax State is coached by Rich Rod, of Michigan fame (or infamy). They are 3-0 and have pounded the crap out of their first three opponents.

This won’t be an easy game. With Monty, we don't win games by more than 2 points.

Gov Stitt: 49
Gov Ivey: 48

Edit: Had to change governors. I thought they were in FL. 🤪

Bonus Kendall prediction: I will consume more alcohol at this week’s tailgate.

Last edited:
Easy pic…..we are coming off an emotional, come from behind victory in a game we should have lost due to our second half collapse. They are better coached, and our defense is bad. Hope I’m wrong;

JSU 31
TU 30

On a brighter note, the receiver Epps is a stud. If Monty was smart he would get that guy the ball more often rather than handing off the football to our 5th string running back for “no gain up the middle” runs.

Last edited:
Reactions: crow4435
Monty consults his crystal ball and his co offensive coordinators this week and gets some new ideas and finds some missing pages in the playbook to share with Brin. As a result, some unique running plays with some new backs this week gain more rushing yardage. The receivers have a field day with Jack State.

Monty’s men 48
Rod’s runts. 25

I feel really good about this game. Momentum from an emotional win. At home on what should be an amazing Saturday night.

We've played good enough to be 2-0. If we find a way to get just a little better each week, this will be a fun season.

Reactions: loca2874
Keep improving, keep cutting down on the stupid mistakes. Trend the right direction so maybe we can make some noise in Oxford.

Loca2874 did Chris Paul play in Washington game yesterday?
No he was listed on the Inactive report. I am not sure why as he has not been on the injury report. They probably needed an extra spot somewhere and had to sit someone and he was it. We are deep on our O-Line so that is probably why.

Keep improving, keep cutting down on the stupid mistakes. Trend the right direction so maybe we can make some noise in Oxford.
Add "Play a full 60 minutes" to this as well. Seems like we forgot to come out of the locker room for the 2nd half. And our ST is still a disaster. I know we have someone assigned to oversee ST but maybe, just maybe, it's time to hire a FT ST coordinator.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Our ST always feels like an afterthought, there seems to be little attention to detail there. Part of it is lack of situational awareness, part of it is blocking schemes/ coverage schemes.

The offense a few times played so fast it was like they could move down the field at will. Kept their D on their heels. That was fun to watch.

Offense was great, outside of a single Brin turnover. Had we recovered that onside kick, we likely would have scored and the game would have been a true blowout. We have GOT TO stop making dumb mistakes. This next weekend is the perfect game to eliminate errors and hopefully get a feel good blowout.

Jax State moving up to FBS…won‘t be a gimme. TU: 38-35
Just because they're moving up to FBS doesn't mean it should be a close game. It obviously SHOULDN'T be a close game, but if it's close it's because of mistakes we are making, not them outplaying us.

Reactions: TU 1978
We're heading to the XII, a place Tulsa will never step foot in.
You do realize the AAC champion will still have a spot in the playoffs most years ? You guys can’t even beat a bottom dweller in your new league . Have fun being the new Kansas !
BTW, didn’t your mom tell you no more computer time until you got promoted to full time greeter at Walmart ?

N
Man, that sound like the gold digging slut on almost every network prime time drama of the 80's n 90's...
Notice he didn’t say BIG 12, because that conference still won’t be much if any better then the new AAC

If they lose this game, I don’t see how he survives. And they could lose it. Jacksonville State could beat twenty, maybe thirty FBS teams, under certain conditions.

University of Not Deion’s Team 31
University of Not Understanding How To Schedule or Operate a Sustainable Multi-Million Dollar Business Until Just Recently 34

If they lose this game, I don’t see how he survives. And they could lose it. Jacksonville State could beat twenty, maybe thirty FBS teams, under certain conditions.

University of Not Deion’s Team 31
University of Not Understanding How To Schedule or Operate a Sustainable Multi-Million Dollar Business Until Just Recently 34
Agree, Carson and Rick don’t seem to accept mediocre performances

Man, that sounds like the gold digging slut on almost every network prime time drama of the 80's n 90's...
Ah, xii taking houston reminds me of my youth, at the bar, 20 minutes to closing, reality sinks in, start looking around to see what's left. "I mean, she's not THAT ugly, I guess. Give me another shot, I'm going in."

Of course, they were doing the same thing :) Which is why houston is at the xii and not the SEC.

Ah, xii taking houston reminds me of my youth, at the bar, 20 minutes to closing, reality sinks in, start looking around to see what's left. "I mean, she's not THAT ugly, I guess. Give me another shot, I'm going in."

Of course, they were doing the same thing :) Which is why houston is at the xii and not the SEC.
Nice analogy...

I was thinking of those women that you meet in church. You know the type. Married to the hard working, loyal blue collar guy that scrimps and saves to make sure that he can buy her nice clothes, modest jewelry, and the occasional dinner at Bennigans all while saving for their kids college fund. Then one day this recently widowed lawyer starts coming to services and she pounces on her opportunity to get that BMW and Louboutin shoes. Nevermind that she still wears her makeup and hair like Buzz Peterson's wife....

Reactions: HuffyCane

You mean like a Kappa Sig taking a chance on a KD?

You know that this is the "Game" on their schedule. We are their Ole Miss. If TU comes out and throws away points like they have in their first 2 games this is probably a loss. We will dominate the stats box, but lose the game. Really hoping for a clean game in all phases.

On a positive note, I am impressed with the work of TU's offensive line. Not very many holds, and can't remember any false start flags, delay of game flags, or poor center snaps. Impressive work by these guys. Oh, and if our RB's were quicker our ground attack might not be so bad.

And Tulsa is the woman where every guy in the bar says "Not enough alcohol in the world to make me touch that."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT