ADVERTISEMENT

Official Houston Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
It’s weird. With this coach, even wins aren’t that fun. Too many penalties (again) and un-special teams can really kill the buzz.

On a better note, the unis looked great vs Ark State. Are we past the time of the silly theme unis?

Sam Crawford and JC Santana are looking stronger. Offense is less predictable than any in recent memory.

TU: 27
Houston Community College: 24

Bonus Kendall Prediction: Over/under on pompous UH visitors is 3. Taking the over.

Tulsa 34
Tilman Furtitties Kitty Junior College 14

It’s weird. With this coach, even wins aren’t that fun. Too many penalties (again) and un-special teams can really kill the buzz.

I felt that way too after last game. The horrible special teams coverage, the penalties that cost us touchdowns (some legit, some not so much...) and leaving a touchdown on the field to bleed out the clock on the opponent's 1 friggin yard line... I don't know what this team's identity is after 4 games other than we lose more than we win.

and leaving a touchdown on the field to bleed out the clock on the opponent's 1 friggin yard line...
I have zero issue with him bleeding the clock out on the 1 yard line. It guarantees the win and eliminates the chance of a turnover (fumble) trying to ram it in the end zone.

there is plenty to be unhappy with, but bleeding the clock to 00:00 to secure the W, isn’t something to be upset about.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I have zero issue with him bleeding the clock out on the 1 yard line. It guarantees the win and eliminates the chance of a turnover (fumble) trying to ram it in the end zone.

there is plenty to be unhappy with, but bleeding the clock to 00:00 to secure the W, isn’t something to be upset about.
I agree it was the right approach to secure the win. If he would have taken that type of approach in the opener and then kicked the FG we would likely be 2-2.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Tulsa wins 82-28
Tulsa 99
Houston 24
Kitties feel the heat for defecting to the little 8
Don’t ya think Monty will use that?
Waiting for the big 12 sucks cheer in the 4th Q
Make it happen Cane!

I’ll miss playing Houston, we’ve had some great games. I won’t miss their arrogant fans

Tulsa 34. Houston 31

Tulsa 31 (leave about 3 TD on the table due to penalties, turnover in redzone, going for it on 4th out of the shotgun with a run up the middle)

Houston 17 (one of those is a special teams TD)

Couldn't take off work in time. Which is a blessing in disguise because I don't have to be in Mobilehoma.

As of April 2020, Texas was the U.S. state with the highest number of mobile homes with 108,282 manufactured homes. Nov 6, 2020.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
After we win, and we will by at least 14 pts, I would love to hear the "A..A..C" chant. Just to remind the cougs that they are not a contender in this conference.

After we win, and we will by at least 14 pts, I would love to hear the "A..A..C" chant. Just to remind the cougs that they are not a contender in this conference.
Cougs? Yeah, BYU and Wazzu aren't in the AAC so of course they aren't contenders.

Btw, how are things going with getting Air Force, Colorado State, Boise and San Diego State to join?

Cougs? Yeah, BYU and Wazzu aren't in the AAC so of course they aren't contenders.

Btw, how are things going with getting Air Force, Colorado State, Boise and San Diego State to join?
You should be asking your admin why you're paying $30M to be part of a conference that will look exactly the same as the one you're currently in, in 10 years. And this will be the 2nd time your admin has wasted that money to be in the same conference with Tulsa, SMU, etc.

And it's absolutely going to happen because while OSU, Tech, etc. reach out to shake your hand with their right hands, they're dialing the # for the Pac-Pick a Number and ACC with their left hands. Those conferences are just waiting for the right moment which is about 5 minutes after the G5 implodes through all of this. WVa to the ACC is a lock. Iowa State and KU to the B1G is also going to happen and as soon as Tech and OSU stop listening to the snake oil sales pitch from Bowlsby, they're gone too. And once that happens, the Big XII will be dropped from the playoff consideration leaving a P4 setting.

You should be asking your admin why you're paying $30M to be part of a conference that will look exactly the same as the one you're currently in, in 10 years. And this will be the 2nd time your admin has wasted that money to be in the same conference with Tulsa, SMU, etc.

And it's absolutely going to happen because while OSU, Tech, etc. reach out to shake your hand with their right hands, they're dialing the # for the Pac-Pick a Number and ACC with their left hands. Those conferences are just waiting for the right moment which is about 5 minutes after the G5 implodes through all of this. WVa to the ACC is a lock. Iowa State and KU to the B1G is also going to happen and as soon as Tech and OSU stop listening to the snake oil sales pitch from Bowlsby, they're gone too. And once that happens, the Big XII will be dropped from the playoff consideration leaving a P4 setting.

Yet multiple media sources said Houston was the #1 choice for the Pac 12 if they were to expand.

Look, Tulsa has hit its ceiling. Were going P5 soon because we grew and made investments while TU did nothing.

Tulsa is the only show in a city of 400k but can't pick up a following.

Yet multiple media sources said Houston was the #1 choice for the Pac 12 if they were to expand.

Look, Tulsa has hit its ceiling. Were going P5 soon because we grew and made investments while TU did nothing.

And you're drinking way too much Kool-Aid if you think the Big XII is going to be granted P5 status once the playoff negotiations are reconsidered. Without Texas and OU you are barely a half step above the AAC and MWC and it's only because of Tech and OkState

Reactions: TU 1978
How many millions in greater Houston? I recall that 82-28 (noted above) score in the 'Dome before 500-600 Coug fans. Unfortunately, Jack Pardee was all about padding A. Ware's Heisman stats but few lucky Houstonians witnessed it. That was classy.

Last edited:

You made all of those investments to hire a coach with a girl’s name

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT