ADVERTISEMENT

Official Cincinnati Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
In retrospect, losing your starting QB, playing with your 4th and 5th choice at RB, with a new center who wanted to snap everything at the ankles, it was a good effort.

But, moral victories suck. I'm tired of my friends telling me, you guys played a good game. I hate that. It's time to win these games no one is telling us we should win.

Bill Jackson needs to be used better than running between the tackles. It's nice to see that kind of speed out of the backfield.

TU 35
UC 31

Bonus Kendall: BB plays the whole game at QB.

Reactions: GameParson
If you watch the presser previewing this week's game, Monty gave a sly little smile when asked about Brin's status. I think he gave that answer so Cincy has to prepare for both QBs. My guess is that Brin at least starts and gives it a go and is replaced if he isn't effective. That being said...

If Brin plays:

TU 31
CIN 28

IF Braxton plays

TU 28
CIN 27

Each pose their own problems, but I think the running game gets going and the defense plays lights out...we want to beat them bad and will be fired up.

I honestly think Cinci is a fraud this year and I think Tulsa and Wyoming are much tougher than what our records show.

Tulsa - 42
Cincinnati - 20

Reactions: TU_BLA and loca2874
Brin plays we have a really good chance.

Tulsa 34
Cincy 24

Braxton plays,

Tulsa 26
Cincy 24

GO TU!!!

If you watch the presser previewing this week's game, Monty gave a sly little smile when asked about Brin's status. I think he gave that answer so Cincy has to prepare for both QBs. My guess is that Brin at least starts and gives it a go and is replaced if he isn't effective.
I didn't see that, I was just guessing. That's good to know....thanks.

If you watch the presser previewing this week's game, Monty gave a sly little smile when asked about Brin's status. I think he gave that answer so Cincy has to prepare for both QBs. My guess is that Brin at least starts and gives it a go and is replaced if he isn't effective. That being said...

If Brin plays:

TU 31
CIN 28

IF Braxton plays

TU 28
CIN 27

Each pose their own problems, but I think the running game gets going and the defense plays lights out...we want to beat them bad and will be fired up.
Reminded me of Rader talking about a dinged up Rubley and how he might play or we might see Cassano in the wishbone. Then TJ limps out there, snaps the ball and suddenly scrambles around like Staubach for 350.

Some Cincinnati poster said that if Braxton has to play, then we turn into "USF of last year" and they blow us out. Man, I hope their team thinks that as well.

I honestly think Cinci is a fraud this year and I think Tulsa and Wyoming are much tougher than what our records show.

Tulsa - 42
Cincinnati - 20
I tend to agree with this a little bit.

It will be a tough game no doubt, but our guys have been waiting for this chance for a long time.

Tulsa - 42
Cincinnati - 20
Wyoming may be the favorite to win the MWC at this point. Boise St is trash this year and they lost to freaking UTEP. San Diego St is the only MWC team I haven't seen a glimpse of that may challenge Wyoming.

Wyoming may be the favorite to win the MWC at this point. Boise St is trash this year and they lost to freaking UTEP. San Diego St is the only MWC team I haven't seen a glimpse of that may challenge Wyoming.
100%. Boise has fallen HARD.

When their plane lands at Tulsa Int'l, the cold hard reality sets in that this will not be a home game. The worry begins & rightly so.....TU-38 MudCats-35

This game is predicated on those fools from Cincy actually not chickening out and showing up in Tulsa. It’s like they don’t know how to get out a four lettered state.

TU 42
Northern Kitty 17

the spread will be the same regardless of what QB TU utilizes.

Reading that Cincinnati thread pissed me off.

Brin plays

TU 70
Morons 18

Braxton plays

TU 45
Morons 20

extra point: hit their bus with a flaming bag of dog turds on their way out the stadium.
Sounds like we need to put you out there at linebacker

Two schools with coaches who haven’t been hired away. At some point, it’s not because either likes the school they are at. We know why our coach is still here. As for them, it sure ain’t the chili.

Coney Island 35
That ain’t chili 24

Something that has always bothered me... did the bear take advantage of the cat or did Tom sneak into the cave while Winnie the Pooh was hibernating...

Because to paraphrase Chef " ooh children, everyone knows..Cat and Bear DNA just wont splice "

Oklahoma's other white meat .. 63
Ohio's other white meat ... 7

most of their fans have zero respect for us and act like they’re a blue blood program. Newsflash: they aren’t Ohio state and never will be, so stop acting high and mighty 🙄

also it’s HILARIOUS that they call our players and program “dirty” - have they looked in the mirror?

They are a delusional, self righteous, and ignorant fanbase… who like the smell of their own farts.

What a PATHETIC fan base they are. They actually think they're on the same level as the blue bloods bahahahahahahaha. It's also sad how they think it's TUs fault that the games in 2020 got cancelled, nah breh, you guys used covid as a perfect excuse not to come and lose on the road to us. Even in Fickell's presser this week you could see his expression when he said we haven't played these guys on the road recently. He knows what's coming and what kind of game they're in for. Now, am I guaranteeing victory? Of course not, but I don't think you'll ever see a more fired up TU team as the one you'll see Saturday. A few skirmishes during this game wouldn't shock me.

Bring the smoke.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
most of their fans have zero respect for us and act like they’re a blue blood program. Newsflash: they aren’t Ohio state and never will be, so stop acting high and mighty 🙄

also it’s HILARIOUS that they call our players and program “dirty” - have they looked in the mirror?

They are a delusional, self righteous, and ignorant fanbase… who like the smell of their own farts.
I wonder what reason they use to call our team dirty? Crouch blasting players after the whistle. Newsflash to Cincy fans: This pissed off TU fans too.

Just imagine if Cinncinnatti's cloud of Smug collided with Houston's Ego... the only thing that might have been bigger or more dangerous was OU's estimation of Gabriel's talent...

Just imagine in Cinncinnatti's cloud of Smug collided with Houston's Ego... the only thing that might have been bigger or more dangerous was OU's estimation of Gabriel's talent...
Not to get off topic...but I told MANY of my OU friends that Gabriel ain't it. All I was met with is "Nooo he's awesome! He's going to win the Heisman"

What a PATHETIC fan base they are. They actually think they're on the same level as the blue bloods bahahahahahahaha. It's also sad how they think it's TUs fault that the games in 2020 got cancelled, nah breh, you guys used covid as a perfect excuse not to come and lose on the road to us. Even in Fickell's presser this week you could see his expression when he said we haven't played these guys on the road recently. He knows what's coming and what kind of game they're in for. Now, am I guaranteeing victory? Of course not, but I don't think you'll ever see a more fired up TU team as the one you'll see Saturday. A few skirmishes during this game wouldn't shock me.

Bring the smoke.
Let’s go !
Also wouldn’t it be hilarious if we beat them with our 2nd Qb?

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I wonder what reason they use to call our team dirty? Crouch blasting players after the whistle. Newsflash to Cincy fans: This pissed off TU fans too.
We have that reputation across college football due to some run game blocking techniques we use in this scheme, particularly on the edge with cut blocking that sometimes is, and sometimes isn’t, inside the box. I’m not saying I agree with that. I’m just saying I occasionally read reporters quoting coaches as saying that. Though that reputation is fading some what as our talent improves and we use other plays in the play book.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Much closer than most here expect. I think Braxton will be a good QB but if he plays much the tendency for Monty will be conservative play calling. If UC senses they can crowd the box it will be difficult to run. Luke Fickle is a good coach we need to be on top of our game. Hopefully Brin will play and be healthy.

We have that reputation across college football due to some run game blocking techniques we use in this scheme, particularly on the edge with cut blocking that sometimes is, and sometimes isn’t, inside the box. I’m not saying I agree with that. I’m just saying I occasionally read reporters quoting coaches as saying that. Though that reputation is fading some what as our talent improves and we use other plays in the play book.
Funny you mention that. During the Ole Miss game the announcers were like “that is going to be a penalty on Tulsa for a chop block”. Then The official called it on Ole Miss. in these bigger games we get people doing dirty stuff to us all the time. That still doesn’t excuse Couch.

Funny you mention that. During the Ole Miss game the announcers were like “that is going to be a penalty on Tulsa for a chop block”. Then The official called it on Ole Miss. in these bigger games we get people doing dirty stuff to us all the time. That still doesn’t excuse Couch.
Probably does not help that we had a MMA day with Mississippi State either

Reactions: noble cane
I wonder what they think of the service academies then as their triple option pseudo-wishbone offenses are predicated on cutting the DL down and getting blockers to the next level.

Their fans say we're well beneath them and don't give us a second thought... then why are they all so up in arms and butthurt on their message board that we're not bowing down to them? Surely that many of their fans can't be THAT dumb.

Their fans say we're well beneath them and don't give us a second thought... then why are they all so up in arms and butthurt on their message board that we're not bowing down to them? Surely that many of their fans can't be THAT dumb.
Oh no. They're dumb AF. The reason they want us to worship them is they're insecure about a lot of things. I've never wanted TU to win a game more than this one, to send these dbags out with a loss to us would make their heads explode.

I wonder what they think of the service academies then as their triple option pseudo-wishbone offenses are predicated on cutting the DL down and getting blockers to the next level.
They weren't too sad to say goodbye to Navy. Probably for this very reason.

A lot of them think Tulsa and the academies and other smaller schools that use scheme and technique to overcome talent disparity should not even be on their schedules. A lot people that want Tulsa out of the conference or want/wanted to leave the conference to get away from us or think the P5 should stop playing the G5 are really saying they are sick of Air Force and Tulsa diving at their players knees a dozen times the week before the Iron Bowl or whatever with personal millions in extension money on the line.

Coaching selection and scheme are so important. It’s impacts so much, even your reputation.

A lot of them think Tulsa and the academies and other smaller schools that use scheme and technique to overcome talent disparity should not even be on their schedules. A lot people that want Tulsa out of the conference or want/wanted to leave the conference to get away from us or think the P5 should stop playing the G5 are really saying they are sick of Air Force and Tulsa diving at their players knees a dozen times the week before the Iron Bowl or whatever with personal millions in extension money on the line.
Sounds like some whiny folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT