ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Bye State Game Thread

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Pathetic crowd today. I get that it's kind of cold and the season has been a let down. But how about a little support? I just hope the team shows up to play today.

A lot of teams are able to use their game week against Bye to get back on track. I feel good about this. Come on Tulsa!

Bye is down to their 5th string QB who is actually their backup left guard. He just ran 50 yarder in for a TD without getting touched!!!

That dropped pass was a killer for that drive. Hope Hefley has better luck next time.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
That dropped pass was a killer for that drive. Hope Hefley has better luck next time.

Hefley does make a tall wide receiver target. If Rowdy Fredericks had put a little more air under the ball, he’d have snagged it. I really like our small OL with Stokes at center and Brewer, Louie, Anderson and Umblance complementing him.

They get off the line quickly and provide huge holes for our RB tandem of Clay Greathouse and Tiller Bucktrot. They’re quickly becoming known as the Clydesdale Express.

On defense, the front four of Montgomery, Gragg, Jones and Bennett completely threw Bye off with their quick kick/punt field goal on that fumble recovery. I have to admit I’ve never seen an onsides kick from a defensive lineman. It certainly fooled everyone, including Bye’s center, when his snap was intercepted by Gragg and flipped to Jones for the onside.

Although we haven’t scored, I’ll admit the play calling is unbelievable. It’s almost like we have a coach and an AD playing in the trenches, or at least something similar to a coach and an AD.

Well, I’m going for another ice cold Dr Pepper but will be back for the 2nd half. I hope it’s better than the 1st three halves.

I don't know if we can pull out a win, but we sure won't loose.

Guys, bye does it right. If we recruited half as wel as they do, we’d be so much better. We have our ups and downs, but bur is always there.

Much love,

Bigzit and MartonAstin

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I especially liked the free craft beer garden they had, along with the BBQ. And I was never harassed while purchasing said beers. I especially liked the new stadium announcer Beau Weaver as well.

Reactions: TU Sepp
The final gun sounds and every fan in the stadium rushed the field and the security staff looked the other way.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Just heard a sideline report that Montgomery found out Bill Young hadn't fully exhausted his NCAA eligibility. He'll be suiting up at Mike linebacker for the 3rd period. Hope his knees hold up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT