ADVERTISEMENT

Official Arkie State Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Ok, so nobody saw a low-scoring slugfest coming Saturday. OSU to disappoint Poke Nation, as always. So at least there’s that.

Red Wolves (yes, I had to look that up) played Memphis tough and beat Kansas State.

Sun B6lt Pow6r 6: 38
Nothing left to say: 17

Bonus Kendall prediction: Next 3 games are at Arkie State, at UCF, Cinci at home. We go 0-3, 2 AAC games will not be close. Unfortunately, we will be too deep into the season to can Monty mid-season, thus compounding the problems that should have been addressed years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: maverickfp
Weren't you people paying attention? OSU scores 10 lousy points (the last score was simply a gift). Not sure how Arkie St scores 28 0r 38 or certainly not 63( joking, right?) Tu O comes alive & it's TU-30 ASU-20.

Well, they scored 24 on Memphis then 35 on KState, so.......

Besides, I don’t expect our defense to maintain that first-half level of play when they are on the field 75% of the time because of the offense‘s 3-and-outs.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Weren't you people paying attention? OSU scores 10 lousy points (the last score was simply a gift). Not sure how Arkie St scores 28 0r 38 or certainly not 63( joking, right?) Tu O comes alive & it's TU-30 ASU-20.
Meh..

Ever since the Waco Kid arrived at the Harvard on Bird Creek, I have been predicting huge blowout wins via the system he developed for the Baylor Brothel Keeper.

Those have not appeared.

Instead we have mounting penalties, excuses, and losses.

So, i am tired of predicting big numbers for an offense that obviously Art Briles ran and never shared with the simpleton for whos misrepresented skillset we are paying almost a million $ a year.

We should sue him for resume fraud.

Last edited:
Monty's last game. Either that or UC/UCF will finish this awful tenure.

Them: More than us
Us: Less than them

Over under on penalties 9
Over under on bad in game decisions by Monty 4
Over under on stupid 3 (punting when we have to go for it, delay of game after time out, end around in your own endzone, etc)

Over under on stupid 3 (punting when we have to go for it, delay of game after time out, end around in your own endzone, etc)
I laugh when somebody says we'll fire someone in the middle of the season. The administration has lack of funds, inability to function/care, etc, etc. We're not going to fire him during this season. We might not even fire him after the season, for the same reasons. The only person I can remember getting fired/resigning in the middle of the season was Phillips for basketball. This administration is not aggressive enough to give Dickson permission to fire Montgomery in the middle of the season, especially with him coming in just this week. I doubt they give him carte blanche to make a firing decision without approval this early, and maybe not ever. This administration likes complete control. The only thing that could temper them is the bad press, from announcers/game analysts. But it's very doubtful that will bring a midseason firing.

Claude "Hoot" Gibson was fired in mid-season just before the team boarded a bus us to go play Memphis.

Reactions: TU 1978
I have a gambling problem and Vegas is closed to us in Deep Blue Illinois, so I will break my vow to let Yahoo! Burn in hell to feed my habit. Daddy needs a fix...

Tulsa 17 and Ark St 24.... one Smith pic-6 is the difference and the D scores for Tulsa

Last edited:
Arkansas State 49
Tulsa 7

It’s not going to be that close.

Gundy treated that game like a scrimmage, especially when his best player got hurt. We had a good game plan to contain Hubbard and when they switched to relying on that, we executed well. If you throw out his long of 40some yards, he barely had fifty on the day. When they realized they might lose, put in the freshman, and opened up their playbook, we struggled.

Arkansas State will come out throwing and they have speed to the edge we can’t counter if they run away from Collins or he can’t go (yes I know they said it was only cramps). Arkansas State has a legit deep threat and our staff will likely be looking forward to the UCF game on the road next week. It’s crazy to say it, but they have too many weapons even for our more than capable defensive back field. We won’t score on offense. The 7 is a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Cannon will drop another pass at another critical moment, btw.

The spread at home for TU would still be 13.5 in my opinion. It will be interesting to see what the spread is after they covered last week.

Last edited:
Claude "Hoot" Gibson was fired in mid-season just before the team boarded a bus us to go play Memphis.

Rader an alum
King an alum

We actually have fired many mid season for football and we have waited till the end of the season. Two of those last three mid season firings lead to an interim taking the job permanently after showing they were capable.

Tulsa's recent football history since the 1972 is 3 (Rader, Burns, Blankenship) firings one in season and 6 (Dry, Cooper, Morton, Henshaw, Kragthorpe, Graham) coaches leaving for other jobs. Rader was actually the third coach in a row we "fired" (I count forced resignations) and had an interim for. We hired the other two permanently including Dry.

In basketball since 1980 it's similar Richardson, Smith, Robinson, Self, Peterson, Manning (6) all left for other jobs. Barnett, Philips, and Woj (3) got fired, one in the season.

But hey, that's just me knowing my school. Besides who ever heard of an interim AD firing coaches so the new permanent AD can hire their own, I mean that's crazy talk 🙄

I'll take the over on penalties. TU will have at least ten.
Under on bad in-game decisions.
Over on stupid. Will have to call time out to avoid delay of game penalties, at least one clock management foul up.

But final score is ASU 28, TU 10 ( This means we make a field goal and the fans go wild)

We Lose... the lack of discipline and boneheaded play calling continue.

Rader an alum
King an alum

We actually have fired many mid season for football and we have waited till the end of the season. Two of those last three mid season firings lead to an interim taking the job permanently after showing they were capable.

Tulsa's recent football history since the 1972 is 3 (Rader, Burns, Blankenship) firings one in season and 6 (Dry, Cooper, Morton, Henshaw, Kragthorpe, Graham) coaches leaving for other jobs. Rader was actually the third coach in a row we "fired" (I count forced resignations) and had an interim for. We hired the other two permanently including Dry.

In basketball since 1980 it's similar Richardson, Smith, Robinson, Self, Peterson, Manning (6) all left for other jobs. Barnett, Philips, and Woj (3) got fired, one in the season.

But hey, that's just me knowing my school. Besides who ever heard of an interim AD firing coaches so the new permanent AD can hire their own, I mean that's crazy talk 🙄
We'll talk as soon as he gets canned during this season. You say it'll happen within a month?

Rader an alum
King an alum

We also had capable leadership during those years. The president of the university doesn’t care and probably wishes the entire program was already gone.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Arkie St. 10
Tulsa 7

TU goes 0 for 16 on 3rd down conversions...
TU gets penalized 17 times for 145 yards...

Reactions: HuffyCane
Usually the new season is welcomed with great exptations. how low has our program gone that in week 2 we are already pessimistic and lost our enthusiasm.

the lack of discipline and boneheaded play calling continue.
This team is too good & ready to win their 1st of 6, despite the boneheaded play calling(the dink & dunk drives me crazy) & the lack of discipline gets cleaned up-some. We win!

Arkansas State 49
Tulsa 7

It’s not going to be that close.

Gundy treated that game like a scrimmage, especially when his best player got hurt. We had a good game plan to contain Hubbard and when they switched to relying on that, we executed well. If you throw out his long of 40some yards, he barely had fifty on the day. When they realized they might lose, put in the freshman, and opened up their playbook, we struggled.

Arkansas State will come out throwing and they have speed to the edge we can’t counter if they run away from Collins or he can’t go (yes I know they said it was only cramps). Arkansas State has a legit deep threat and our staff will likely be looking forward to the UCF game on the road next week. It’s crazy to say it, but they have too many weapons even for our more than capable defensive back field. We won’t score on offense. The 7 is a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Cannon will drop another pass at another critical moment, btw.

The spread at home for TU would still be 13.5 in my opinion. It will be interesting to see what the spread is after they covered last week.
The fact that Cannon even plays screams nepotism, we have no need for that at TU

We also had capable leadership during those years. The president of the university doesn’t care and probably wishes the entire program was already gone.

I could be wrong but Donaldson is in there some where.

We'll talk as soon as he gets canned during this season. You say it'll happen within a month?

Yeah like I said no way an interim AD would fire a coach early and give a well liked, successful young assitant a chance as interim to see if he can do the job.

He won't make it past UCF and Cincy. All three of the next teams we play can be run heavy and will be. That will show up as our defense is on the field for huge chunks and tends to be smaller on the line. At that point he can only match what he did last year. There is zero reason to keep him.

Usually the new season is welcomed with great exptations. how low has our program gone that in week 2 we are already pessimistic and lost our enthusiasm.

When we are playing at home in a clearly must go for it situation on fourth down, your coach sends out the punt team, forcing your home crowd to boo the coach out of the decision and call a time out, what else can you expect?

Gragg should have fired him then. Now we're sitting here talking about the same bad decisions making, lack of discipline, and basic organization for the fourth year in a row.

Yeah like I said no way an interim AD would fire a coach early and give a well liked, successful young assitant a chance as interim to see if he can do the job.

He won't make it past UCF and Cincy. All three of the next teams we play can be run heavy and will be. That will show up as our defense is on the field for huge chunks and tends to be smaller on the line. At that point he can only match what he did last year. There is zero reason to keep him.
Whatever, get back to me in a month.

I really don’t understand what you’re saying. We won’t fire Monty in a week or two. But we will in 5 or 6 weeks? I don’t get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT