ADVERTISEMENT

Official Aaargh! Game Thread

I repeat. Blitz him. Do not let him throw to the end zone

We definitely fumbled but Johnson made a great catch. And it was a catch. Doesn’t matter if the ball touches the turf if it didn’t help you secure the catch

We definitely fumbled but Johnson made a great catch. And it was a catch. Doesn’t matter if the ball touches the turf if it didn’t help you secure the catch

The replay clearly showed the tip of the ball slide into the grass, the ground made the catch.

Disagree. That 4th down catch was all skill .
It wasn’t just one call, the PI on Stokes 4th down play could have been over looked. Usually near the end of the game the refs swallow whistles. Discipline was lacking all night on our part.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Can’t you just enjoy a win?

Ah no. I don't know what you just watched but 9 penalties for 100+ yards, and 3 turnovers is not enjoyable, game after game, year after year. We won because of some questionable calls on replay and because the other team had 9+ penalties for 100+ yards, and 3 turnovers.

ECU's coach will clean that up, he is in year two of a rebuild and has a national championship on his resume. We are in year 6 of a bad coach destined to have at least one more year to try and utterly gut the program.

Beating a bad UCF or a bad ECU will not make me feel better with that kind of game. I enjoyed beating the green UConn, we played clean football and performed well.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
As good a shot as UCF had. Another similar game in penalties and turnovers as well. Anyone thinking UCF was #11 anymore?
Collins being hobbled and having a ton of injuries to our DB's doesn't help our team at all. UCF's offense is still the best in the country.

Ah no. I don't know what you just watched but 9 penalties for 100+ yards, and 3 turnovers is not enjoyable, game after game, year after year. We won because of some questionable calls on replay and because the other team had 9+ penalties for 100+ yards, and 3 turnovers.

ECU's coach will clean that up, he is in year two of a rebuild and has a national championship on his resume. We are in year 6 of a bad coach destined to have at least one more year to try and utterly gut the program.

Beating a bad UCF or a bad ECU will not make me feel better with that kind of game. I enjoyed beating the green UConn, we played clean football and performed well.

I watched a good team have a bad half then overcome some adversity to pull off a nice win. After what we’ve been through lately I’m certainly not going to complain about it.

I for one will never complain about a win but this coach is not good enough on adjusting the lack of an indoor practice facility is killing us with the weather we had this week it def looked to me that we were un prepared
Yeah, they only got to do basically a walk through on Tuesday instead of a real practice due to weather. Probably the same on Wednesday.

Reactions: HuffyCane and 4tu2
This was not enjoyable to watch. I'm thrilled Tulsa won the game but the continued lack of discipline and coaching mistakes make it ugly. Why in the world would you squib kick at the end and give them the ball on our side of the field. If you are afraid of a big return with a normal kick off, just kick it OB and let them have it at the 35. Special teams play and receivers play is keeping us from the next level. Hmmmmm.....wonder why.? I also don't enjoy it when Tulsa players are the punks with late hits, taunting, celebrating before a TD in a wreckless way, etc. It's a sad day when I think Houston is classier than Tulsa.
This team should be getting better and that didn't happen last night. The number one indicator of a good coach is improvement in all phases of the game as weeks progress. Every team has a let-down week but a well coached team cleans those things up. So we'll see if penalties decrease and the horrid 3rd down conversion rates increase. I'm not convinced.

I watched a good team have a bad half then overcome some adversity to pull off a nice win. After what we’ve been through lately I’m certainly not going to complain about it.
BINGO BABE !! Everyone one on this board who has played sports knows that players can’t be jacked up for every game on their schedule. ECU was motivated and it showed in the first half but TU made it a dogfight in the second . For me , I wish TU had blitzed more but Big Cat Stephenson played his butt off in the 2nd half. Give ECU credit their freshman QB throws a nice ball and their little “Wes Welker” slot receiver caught every ball thrown his way.

Reactions: GameParson
If you are afraid of a big return with a normal kick off, just kick it OB and let them have it at the 35. Special teams play and receivers play is keeping us from the next level. Hmmmmm.....wonder why.? I also don't enjoy it when Tulsa players are the punks with late hits, taunting, celebrating before a TD in a wreckless way, etc. It's a sad day when I think Houston is classier than Tulsa.
Exactly!!!!

BINGO BABE !! Everyone one on this board who has played sports knows that players can’t be jacked up for every game on their schedule. ECU was motivated and it showed in the first half but TU made it a dogfight in the second . For me , I wish TU had blitzed more but Big Cat Stephenson played his butt off in the 2nd half. Give ECU credit their freshman QB throws a nice ball and their little “Wes Welker” slot receiver caught every ball thrown his way.
The QB is a junior, but points well taken

IMO Santana needs to run until he pukes today for acting like an idiot

We just need a time machine so we can always throw to Keevan Lucas, Key Garret, Garret Mills, Thomas Roberson. They hardly ever dropped a pass and their biggest taunt was an emphatic first down in front of the other teams' players.

Reactions: TULSARISING
We just need a time machine so we can always throw to Keevan Lucas, Key Garret, Garret Mills, Thomas Roberson. They hardly ever dropped a pass and their biggest taunt was an emphatic first down in front of the other teams' players.
Sure was , I don’t want Tulsa to be in the group of thugs like Memphis and Houston

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT