ADVERTISEMENT

nfl tonight

I don’t believe there’s much disagreement that most of those people want the country to be better. The disagreement comes into play with their agenda which many believe doesn’t address many of the problems plaguing the black community. Unfortunately these people live in an echo chamber and summarily dismiss even constructive input or worse yet play the racism accusation to avoid such discussion. Dems don’t dare disagree with any of the agenda due to the need to pander during an election year. Nothing will change until significant changes are made. Changes which are absent from the current BLM agenda.
OK, the kneeling draws attention to the issue they're unhappy with but it doesn't actually address or suggest how to fix things. Who's listening? Trump? No. He wants all of them thrown in jail and 0% of his followers blindly agree. The police unions? No. They don't want to be held accountable...if they agreed to be held accountable then this would stop almost instantly.

I’ve been talking about the state of the black communities in our inner cities on this board for years. I’ve also made suggestions after suggestions. In fact, no one has discussed this issue more than myself. The suggestions I’ve seen from BLM fail for the most part to address the daily problems facing those people. It’s beyond disappointing and largely politically driven.
The problems that exist don't have any easy solutions. Also the things that would make it better in the long term are not cost effective in the short term, which kills many good solutions. It's similar to preventative health care barely being utilized in the health care & health care insurance industry.

Not talking about you. You’re a fairly good apple, willing to at least have a discourse that doesn’t immediately devolve to uselessness. I just think it’s pretty short sighted to try and think you can solve the problems of any race without actually listening to the suggestions of that race first. And try as we might, I don’t think a couple or middle class white dudes are going to be able to figure out a solution to all of the problems of African Americans. That’s why I side with the largest group of people that have dealt with these issues for most of their lives and are advocating for change.

I actually believe we have a voice which is rather unique in this discussion. A voice which doesn’t have a vote getting or pandering agenda. Voices which can have a calm discussion on this topic from an outsiders viewpoint. Voices like ours should at least be heard. Over 50 black Americans were shot in Chicago over the past two days. 14 of those have died. Maybe just maybe we should be talking more (much more) about how to solve these problems.

There are zero short term solutions which will make any meaningful impact to the millions living in our inner cities. I’m all in on long term solutions.

Yes....kneeling does bring attention. We have now accomplished the attention part. Let’s move to the next step...solutions for the poverty, violence, single parent homes, dismissal of education, etc. We’re still not talking about these things...for the most part

Not talking about you. You’re a fairly good apple, willing to at least have a discourse that doesn’t immediately devolve to uselessness. I just think it’s pretty short sighted to try and think you can solve the problems of any race without actually listening to the suggestions of that race first. And try as we might, I don’t think a couple of middle class white dudes are going to be able to figure out a solution to all of the problems of African Americans. That’s why I side with the largest group of people that have dealt with these issues for most of their lives and are advocating for change.
I listen! I also let that BS BLM rhetoric pass right through my bowls The same way eating spicy Indian food passes through my system. We are our biggest problem right now and until we fix ourselves, we will continue to remain in this sorry state.

Not talking about you. You’re a fairly good apple, willing to at least have a discourse that doesn’t immediately devolve to uselessness. I just think it’s pretty short sighted to try and think you can solve the problems of any race without actually listening to the suggestions of that race first. And try as we might, I don’t think a couple of middle class white dudes are going to be able to figure out a solution to all of the problems of African Americans. That’s why I side with the largest group of people that have dealt with these issues for most of their lives and are advocating for change.
But Biden and the other 80 year old white people can solve it?

The nfl fined TO for his sharpie, and elliot for jumping into the salvation army kettle, but they fawn all over a radical group that burns, loot mand riots. Not the best way to create real change.

Where was the nfl for mlk? he did it the right way and accomplished more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT