ADVERTISEMENT

Next year?

The O line is back.
Hobbs + Johnson at WR.
Brewer + Warren + the two newcomers at RB.
Minter's back at TE/H

Whitfield + Bunch + Mitchell at S
Hill + Thomas + Robinson + Wadley + Norris at CB.
Suits is the only LB that's seen much PT who's back.

Defensive line is probably going to shuffle around as well. Bru is back as are Wilson, Schindelar, Smith, Mouton, and Trevis Gipson. Most of those guys played on certain downs this season though at DE or DT. We'll probably need someone young to step up at DT on typical running downs. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say Stevenson or Robinson.

So it looks like we'll be searching for a QB, two WR's, a MLB + OLB, one backup Safety, and some guys to play in early downs at DT.

Last edited:
The O line is back.
Hobbs + Johnson at WR.
Brewer + Warren + the two newcomers at RB.
Minter's back at TE/H

Whitfield + Bunch + Mitchell at S
Hill + Thomas + Robinson + Wadley + Norris at CB.
Suits is the only LB that's seen much PT who's back.

Defensive line is probably going to shuffle around as well. Bru is back as are Wilson, Schindelar, Smith, Mouton, and Trevis Gipson. Most of those guys played on certain downs this season though at DE or DT. We'll probably need someone young to step up at DT on typical running downs. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say Stevenson or Robinson.

So it looks like we'll be searching for a QB, two WR's, a MLB + OLB, one backup Safety, and some guys to play in early downs at DT.
Petera Wilson is back, Frankie Davis on the DL. Robinson played a lot meaningful downs this year as well and I feel he is not that much of an unknown entity and I think he will be a key contributor. Nigel Carter and Louie are back if they can get their heads screwed on straight. Redford Jones is back and that is huge. Edmiston is back at LB and he got some key playing time this year. I think the biggest blow on D will be Linscott. He was pretty versatile and could be moved around.

Obviously Dane is the biggest loss to this team and it will be key for Monty to identify a replacement in Spring.

Petera Wilson is back, Frankie Davis on the DL. Robinson played a lot meaningful downs this year as well and I feel he is not that much of an unknown entity and I think he will be a key contributor. Nigel Carter and Louie are back if they can get their heads screwed on straight. Redford Jones is back and that is huge. Edmiston is back at LB and he got some key playing time this year. I think the biggest blow on D will be Linscott. He was pretty versatile and could be moved around.

Obviously Dane is the biggest loss to this team and it will be key for Monty to identify a replacement in Spring.
I mentioned Wilson. Forgot about Davis. Robinson did play some. I think the coaches should be able to piece together a serviceable DL with some good pass rushers outside. I just worry about QB WR and LB mainly.

I'm holding out hope for guys like Stewart (RFr) or Malik Jackson / Keylon Stokes at wideout. Out of the three of them, I expect at least one to produce.

We will be fine at receiver. Sophomore year will be a breakout year for Johnson. He'll be able to handle a lot more responsibilities. Hobbs will improve next year. Out of Brewer, Umblance, and Louie we'll probably get enough improvement from one of them to be a serviceable back up at a minimum. Likely out of Anderson & the two freshman who redshirted one of them will produce. And probably we will get a performance out of one the three freshman coming in similar to Johnson this year. That's five receivers right there. If our QB is more mobile than Dane that will open up the receptions more as well. My worries are at QB and LB just like you mentioned.

Last edited:
I always worry about the D backfield. There's never enough quality guys. Opponents have feasted on 3rd & long, 3rd & extra long and too often on 3rd & forever. It's been that way for years and you don't get used to it. Good cover corners with size and speed are as hard to recruit as DT's( & we've done great in that dept.). Our guys this year did great the first half of the season & not so hot the second half. Yeh, I know, K. hill's been hurt. Maybe we got one announced today. TU Football:1st,last,always!

I'm pretty comfortable with linebacker too even though it is a concern. Out of Suits, Wilson(more playing time), Revels, Allen, Edmiston, Cannon, and maybe one of our recruits ,(possibly a jc recruit and/or the kid from Hominy) we should be ok. We'll be young but not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
We lose Parks our punter and he has had 2 good seasons back to back.

Last edited:
Reactions: tutailgator

Nigel has "Hands of Stone". thats why Monty pulled Johnson's redshirt....I don't remember Nigel catching an important pass all season. He pulls his eyes off the ball too quick and won't watch the ball into his hands...then he just lost confidence in himself. The McClain kid we never even recruited blew Town to play at Alabama.

Reactions: Babe the Blue Ox
Nigel has "Hands of Stone". thats why Monty pulled Johnson's redshirt....I don't remember Nigel catching an important pass all season. He pulls his eyes off the ball too quick and won't watch the ball into his hands...then he just lost confidence in himself. The McClain kid we never even recruited blew Town to play at Alabama.
I think he was a late qualifier. Everyone just gave up waiting for him to qualify.

I mentioned Wilson. Forgot about Davis. Robinson did play some. I think the coaches should be able to piece together a serviceable DL with some good pass rushers outside. I just worry about QB WR and LB mainly.

I'm holding out hope for guys like Stewart (RFr) or Malik Jackson / Keylon Stokes at wideout. Out of the three of them, I expect at least one to produce.
I think we'll be OK at LBer. Edmiston certainly looks the part he just needs a little more experience. Honestly The only loss that causes me trepidation going into next year is Dane.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I think we'll be OK at LBer. Edmiston certainly looks the part he just needs a little more experience. Honestly The only loss that causes me trepidation going into next year is Dane.
Joseph Gilespie has his work cut out for him at least. Anytime you lose 160+ tackles from the LB group you have some work to do to replace those.

Joseph Gilespie has his work cut out for him at least. Anytime you lose 160+ tackles from the LB group you have some work to do to replace those.
I think Chris said we were in on a couple of JUCO LBers...if either of them come and can produce at the level Nu Hill produced (pre-injury) the position will be fine.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT