ADVERTISEMENT

New QB Commit

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Cardell Williams from Houston. C/O 2022, 6'3", 175. Trahan was the primary recruiter so I'm assuming he's being recruited as an actual QB. JR season highlights

Initial thoughts: Good pocket presence, really good accuracy on the mid-level throws with great touch. Throws a nice deep ball. Capable runner. He's got better than average arm strength and zip. Looks like he can make most of the throws this offense requires. (All of this should be taken with a grain of salt as we only get the good highlights in these HUDL packages. No one includes a kids terrible plays. Who knows, this kid's good plays might all be on this one highlight package).

Seems like there are a ton of QBs in the room…….
There aren't. There's Davis Brin, Boomer (who I doubt will ever play at TU again), Braylon Braxton, Roman Fuller, Carson Collins. Collins is a walk-on so I don't think he's threatening to win the starting QB job. If you look at it with doubts about Boomer's status because of his injury, we are thin this year. We're an injury away from having a back-up RS FR or a true FR from taking snaps at QB.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Tell you what, I think the jury is still out on how good a HC Dana is, but, he can spot a great QB a mile away.......he has offered this kid, you know he is pretty good

There aren't. There's Davis Brin, Boomer (who I doubt will ever play at TU again), Braylon Braxton, Roman Fuller, Carson Collins. Collins is a walk-on so I don't think he's threatening to win the starting QB job. If you look at it with doubts about Boomer's status because of his injury, we are thin this year. We're an injury away from having a back-up RS FR or a true FR from taking snaps at QB.
And that’s assuming Braxton actually enrolls. Could get thin quick.

Tell you what, I think the jury is still out on how good a HC Dana is, but, he can spot a great QB a mile away.......he has offered this kid, you know he is pretty good
Monty offers a lot of kids who turn out to be great. The issue is whether or not Monty can gut them to commit and then get them admitted to TU. Holgorsen only has to get the kid to commit...anyone can get admitted to Coug High. It seems Monty and his staff are actually really good at seeing a kid's potential AND where they might fit much earlier than a lot of coaches. It's interesting how many kids we've been first to offer who then blow up and end up at a P5 school.

Is that something we’re scared about? QB’s typically don’t have that many problems with grades.
No idea. We sign a lot of talented guys who don’t show up. He could be special but he’s gotta get here first.

The quote from Coach to Larry in the position analysis preview says that he wasn’t here yet. Not sure when that interview took place though.
Fwiw, I'm 95% certain Braxton was at the spring game with his dad and brother, and it was their first trip to Tulsa. No idea on his current status.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT