ADVERTISEMENT

New Era of Softball

TU4ever2

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 21, 2008
Tulsa has announced the new coach for what has been arguably the most successful program Tulsa has had this century. Former player and long time assitant. With TU being a unique school and program I think that sort of experience can be a real positive especially if the term has been successful.

Reactions: Raisin_Cane
Well that comes as no surprise...

Not sure how long that will be for. It doesn't seem like any of this was well planned.

We have a new coach with some strong roots who will hopefully find the right people to get the best out of the program right now. Hopefully the ladies can keep building on the past foundation.

It unfortunately sends a message that isn’t positive for recruiting. Being, that it’s better to be an assistant at the state college than the head at TU, and we’re trying to reach many of the same kids.

Reactions: TU4ever2
I think the proper decision was made with the internal hiring of Coach Strimple. She will provide much needed continuity and a wealth of knowledge regarding the game, the university, and recruiting. We have a great university and even though there are some current struggles, the opportunities TU offers are matched by few.

I agree it has a bad look to it. It definitely hurts. I also agree we did our best to get as much out of a bad situation as we could. Tough transition for the program. We have to move forward though and picked a very solid coach who fits Tulsa. Time to look towards the future and support the program as best we can and keep an eye out for the issues that got us in the situation and for signs they are being addressed.

Reactions: rusty-c
The Dallas Morning News published their area softball teams. We did not get a commit from anyone. Seems like we are missing out.

The Dallas Morning News published their area softball teams. We did not get a commit from anyone. Seems like we are missing out.
There may be some kids that would be a good fit for us, but this really doesn’t concern me. Seems that we’ve been doing a good job of picking up great in state kids and filling in the pieces for a wide map for a number of years. If we can continue doing well in state I think we can continue to be very competitive and build. There is some damn fine ball played in this state and a ton of great kids that fit TU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT