ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit - Carlous Williams

GoldenCaneKC

I.T.S. Junior
Jul 3, 2006

Carlous Williams, 6’6” Forward from Pearl River CC

Two commits in two days! Not bad!

All I’ve seen so far is a highlight video from his Twitter feed, but it was impressive! His shooting stroke looks smooth for a bigger guy.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Another fantastic pickup by Konkol and staff! A lot to be excited about as he begins the rebuilding process

Carlous Williams, 6’6” Forward from Pearl River CC

Two commits in two days! Not bad!

All I’ve seen so far is a highlight video from his Twitter feed, but it was impressive! His shooting stroke looks smooth for a bigger guy.
He was part of our recruiting notebook yesterday. Visited TU last weekend. Ultimately chose Tulsa over North Texas.

He was part of our recruiting notebook yesterday. Visited TU last weekend. Ultimately chose Tulsa over North Texas.
His commitment has been caught in the backwash of Hall's, but may turn out to
be another important piece in helping institute the physical game that Konkol
prefers to play.....

I have visualized a recruiting class of three for 2023....I would guess the missing
piece would be a rim protecting center....The two additional scholarships necessary
to cover that size class can be easily opened up without any significant damage to
our present potential.....

The '23-'24 team seems to be building toward being a physically stronger team than
the one coming up, and will certainly be a more experienced one...

Last edited:
Pearl River opened their season with a 95-72 home win over Southern University-Shreveport. 5 Wildcats scored in double digits led by freshman guard Jermahri Hill with 27. Williams scored 12, all in the 2nd half and led his team with 7 rebounds

Reactions: seniorgolfer
Thanks, Bill. We appreciate you keeping us up with Hill and Williams’ seasons. I like the rebound numbers on Williams too. A big need.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Waiting for Aston to express his expert analysis.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Very excited about Carlous Williams. I also appreciate that he took his twitter photos with his mother. Well done.

Reactions: TULSARISING
The Hall kid that committed to Richmond over us (rim protecting center) just decommitted from them today....maybe another get for us soon...

Matt Reed. I posted an update on him in Hurricane Alley...it's in the Recruiting Notebook thread.
I started to add a paragraph to a post this AM to the effect that with Williams, Hall,
Dalger, and SGC, It was a shame we didn't get Matt Reed after coming so close....In
watching his video when he was visiting TU, he just looked to be a Konkol type
inside player....Smart, good passer, and really good shooter...AND, is a Jr. Lofton
type space eater......

Maybe his de-commit had nothing to do with us, but maybe it did....If so, that would
really be a good class!!

Waiting for Aston to express his expert analysis.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
The kid's a freight train in a good way, add the fact that he can shoot and I think he could be really special.

If his defense matches his offense he could be another Daquan Jeffries. Had Jeffries had a different coach at TU we probably would have a few more banners in the rafters. Good Joo Joo for Carlous. Kudos to Konkol.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
The kid's a freight train in a good way, add the fact that he can shoot and I think he could be really special.

If his defense matches his offense he could be another Daquan Jeffries. Had Jeffries had a different coach at TU we probably would have a few more banners in the rafters. Good Joo Joo for Carlous. Kudos to Konkol.
He looks like he could fill an important role for us but let's not get too crazy here. There doesn't seem to be anything in his background suggesting that he'll be more than a good, solid role player. Nothing wrong with that, you need your good solid role players.

He looks like he could fill an important role for us but let's not get too crazy here. There doesn't seem to be anything in his background suggesting that he'll be more than a good, solid role player. Nothing wrong with that, you need your good solid role players.
He finally made a positive comment and you have to back him up a bit....nooooooooooooooooooo /shame!

He could be that, or he could be more. Either way he'll probably add to the team. So I'm good with the commitment.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
This board is destined to never be happy.
The board has gone crazy. You have to say every recruit is a candidate to be in the ring of honor or you're "negative" and "always unhappy". That's just stupid. People get browbeaten into saying what the board's PC police tell them to say. It's like politics, did Musk buy this board too? There's nothing negative about saying the guy seems destined to fill an important role for us. You can't have 13 go to guys, you need guys doing other things and a guy who can and will do important things is a good recruit. If Carlous gives us 15 min on the 2nd unit, 8 and 4, plays lockdown D inside and out and disrupts the other side's forwards (and keeps them from pushing us around and getting offensive rebound after offensive rebound), that's a good recruit. Why can't we let him be who he is instead of swooning and being all "he's going to be 25 and 11 and all conference"?

The board has gone crazy. You have to say every recruit is a candidate to be in the ring of honor or you're "negative" and "always unhappy". That's just stupid. People get browbeaten into saying what the board's PC police tell them to say. It's like politics, did Musk buy this board too? There's nothing negative about saying the guy seems destined to fill an important role for us. You can't have 13 go to guys, you need guys doing other things and a guy who can and will do important things is a good recruit. If Carlous gives us 15 min on the 2nd unit, 8 and 4, plays lockdown D inside and out and disrupts the other side's forwards (and keeps them from pushing us around and getting offensive rebound after offensive rebound), that's a good recruit. Why can't we let him be who he is instead of swooning and being all "he's going to be 25 and 11 and all conference"?
That was quite the rant.

I never said anything about him being all conference, but I am glad to see players with potential committing to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT