ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Games Thread

We would have if it weren't for UNC's sixth man wearing the zebra.
That was part of it, but we also had the worst shooting day of the season that day. We still held UNC to 59 pts and I think TU was averaging close to 80 pts a game that season. Our next lowest scoring was 59 (ORU) and then 69 (Cincinnati in the NCAAs). Everything else was over 70 pts. While Coley being in foul trouble certainly hurt with the offensive boards and put backs he usually generated, the biggest problems were lack of foul shots for us (UNC shot 19, we shot 9, but UNC also forced the ball inside more, they only shot 12 3's). We shot 37% overall and 25% from 3. Our leading scorer was Swanson. Harrington and Heard combined for 10 pts, Shelton only had 2 when he was our leading scorer that year. Matter of fact, 6 guys were at 10 ppg on that team that year, only 2 of those 6 reached their avg. that day (Kurtz, Hill). It was an unfortunate day to have the worst shooting performance of the year.

Gonzaga is Gonzaga. They never seem to have bad games, just bad stretches. Michigan has been remarkably consistent as well...and so has Baylor. Those 3 teams are scary good. I have been impressed with the PAC 12 team. UCLA, USC, and Oregon are all crazy athletic teams that play a hard defense. Oregon State plays a little differently and more methodical, but their bigs can really play at both ends. Houston played a really good game vs Syracuse and I have to think that the games they played against us and our zone the last couple of years really helped prepare them for that game.

Houston already has 6 offensive rebounds. Oregon State 0. Nice to know even teams from the so called power conferences get man handled by them on the glass

Reactions: dmarsh1985
I heard a great halftime comment that Haith needs to remember. Great rebounders “ read how the ball comes off the rim when their team shoots and get to that spot first. This is taught by Kelvin”. I’ve thought this was the cause for a poor shooting team in Houston to have a shot at the Final Four.

I can’t believe they called a foul on Sasser there, the guy obviously stuck his hip out.

I heard a great halftime comment that Haith needs to remember. Great rebounders “ read how the ball comes off the rim when their team shoots and get to that spot first. This is taught by Kelvin”. I’ve thought this was the cause for a poor shooting team in Houston to have a shot at the Final Four.
Houston basically makes every defensive possession, every rebound and every loose ball into a WWE match. I'm surprised they didn't try to do a stone cold stunner on Rachal when he figured out how to slither around them to get boards this season.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Know a 79 year old that shoots free throws with one hand (his weak hand). Never misses. Ever. Just to show the young punks how easy they are.

Tulsa is going to have a win over a final 4 team and a sweep over Nit Champs wait for it

....and we went 2-8 over our last ten games including a first round exit in the post season tourney. We collapsed. (I don’t count the exhibition game). Unfortunately, this will be the legacy of the 2020-2021 TU basketball team

Reactions: libertychamp
Baylor and Houston will be a blood bath. Baylor's guards are much better shooters but Houston's half court defense and offensive rebounds are much better. Mitchell is one of my favorite guards this year.

Well USC has gotten hot from deep and cut the Gonzaga lead to 13. What I find interesting so far is that Gonzaga got out to a 21 point lead and they’re only 1 of 6 from three and missed 4 or 5 layups. It could have been much worse.

Houston finally missing Caleb Mills Preseason AAC player of the year. They are Tulsa with poor shooting but better rebounders.

Reactions: loca2874
Well Houston beat Baylor by 6 points in the second half. Unfortunately Baylor beat Houston by 25 in the first half. If Houston could have made a shot that first half it would have been an entertaining game. At half they said only two players scored for Houston in the first half.

Reactions: loca2874
I am glad we got a team in the final four. To me the exposure helps the conference. The 19 point beat down not so much but hey it’s better than the B1G.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT