ADVERTISEMENT

NBC Sports Network getting into Soccer

Novocaine

I.T.S. Head Coach
Mar 15, 2004
So NBC Sports Network, formerly Versus, formerly OLN, has purchased the rights that Fox Soccer once held for the MLS season. They've hired Arlo White, the Radio / TV voice of Sounders FC, as their main pxp guy. He's very good. I'll be interested to see how much commitment they put into their broadcasts.

I had to give up FSC when I downgraded my DISH Network plan. I don't feel as bad now, since they won't have MLS coverage, but they did have the most EPL games, as well as the preview and recap shows each week. I miss seeing Liverpool games, but they really didn't show the Reds that often...and I haven't paid as much attention since they switched from Carlsberg sponsorship. I'm not sure why...heck, I didn't even know Kenny Dalglish was the current manager until just now.

NBC will be promoting MLS more, particularly during the Olympics. They took considerably less money from NBC to leave Fox. MLS feels strongly that Fox wasnt committed to the league or broadcast product. NBC has promised several games on the main network, something ESPN and Fox wouldn't do. But both networks promptly announced that they would begin showing epl games on the main networks within days of MLS signing a deal with NBC that included soccer in prime time and Saturday afternoons on NBC. Look for MLS promos during notre dame games as well.

Saw the promo this weekend...so cool...looking forward to seeing some good games....wish we had a team....

GO TU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT