ADVERTISEMENT

Navy - SMU

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
good for a little levity. Navy averaged more than 10 yards per carry and was 7/8 on 3rd down. Put up 75 points on SMU.

Navy's offense is the best I've seen in the country. Every possession they have, they score. They're impossible to stop. We almost did the impossible, and likely would have if the refs hadn't given us the broomstick handle on that BS 4th down stop.

I wonder if Navy was campaigning to leapfrog WMU to the NY Day Bowl? Of course, Navy has two games left, Army and AAC v. Temple. Sweep and would a two loss Navy pass an undefeated WMU? My guess is yes in the CFP rankings

That has implications for TU possibly playing in Ft. Worth.

Lol, when you average 10.5 yards per play, it's hard to have grinding drives. Lots of very long plays.
New Mexico doing the same thing to Wyoming right now. Wyoming looks like they don't have a clue on how to stop the option UNM runs...guys going 50 yards and no defenders are even close to getting a finger on them.

Even watching it on TV, I have a hard time figuring out who the ball carrier is in the triple option. Our defense did a respectable job stopping Navy's run, it was their passing game that killed us that day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT