ADVERTISEMENT

@ Navy 11/7 11 am

Navy is undefeated in the conference thus far. Don’t discount the resilience and effort they will have the rest of the year.

Navy is undefeated in the conference thus far. Don’t discount the resilience and effort they will have the rest of the year.
Conference season is all they have to play for at this point. They can't win the Commander in Chief Trophy this year. That will be up between Army and Air Force a this point. Navy is an enigma. Tulane was throttling them and then made some really odd decisions and played super conservative that it killed them. I haven't seen enough of Cincy but I am pretty sure that we are one of the only teams in the conference that plays decent defense. The stat graphic they showed in the UCF game the other day v Memphis was pretty amazing. UCF is averaging 600+ yds per game and 35+ points. That's with us only allowing them 455 yds and 26 pts. Make no mistake about it, our D is above average.

Our offense may be above average in looking at what OSU's defense has done to the normally high powered offenses in the Big XII (well except for Kansas, but they were also able to eliminate Pooka Williams from being a factor). Again, I'm not impressed with any of the defenses I've seen in the AAC yet except ours. Memphis has issues, UCF has obvious issues, ECU is terrible, Tulane can't stop anyone, SMU can't stop anyone. Temple is meh and not what they were under Ruhle. Navy's D is undersized and not terribly fast. Houston doesn't believe in defense.

Reactions: HuffyCane
They can still win CIC, Air Force loses to Army, Army loses to Navy, Navy will retain the trophy since it goes to who held it the previous year.

This will be a tough game. Our D is really strong in the secondary, but a three man front can get beat up by heavy run teams. Good news is Navy won't be huge on the O-line. Good discipline on defense will be a requirement. Our offense getting something going is too. Tough match for us. Cincy will be too.

Our only win vs Navy was on a blocked XP in OT. Only a few Of our games with them have been that close. Several times we have had the better team only to lose! We better be disciplined (minimal penalties, players keeping their cool when being cut low by Navy blockers, don’t react when they get preferential calls from the official’s because they will get them, etc..), score early and often and don’t take foot off the gas. If not Navy will win.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT