ADVERTISEMENT

More OK in the news

For the lawyers here, when does this infringe upon the 1st amendment?

For the lawyers here, when does this infringe upon the 1st amendment?
Since most abortions are illegal in Oklahoma I could see giving strangers information about getting one might be problematic. I wouldn’t want my employees providing that information while at work. Employers can obviously curtail speech at work. Outside of employment they would obviously be free to discuss whatever they wish.

My first thought…who the hell goes to a public library to ask the librarian about getting an abortion ?

Also…why does the story describe Oklahoma law as a “total abortion ban”. Did Oklahoma change the law recently ? There were a list of limited exceptions .

Still disagree with the law btw

Last edited:
The effect is more Taliban than American, since it is based on a religious view of personhood and uses vigilante mullahs to sue non-believers. Are doctors now at risk for even discussing reproductive issues with patient?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: URedskin54
….and the story turns out to be largely false

Glad to see this.

Still I hate to see laws like the civil one on abortion. We don't want to encourage a culture of neighbors snooping on one another. Goes for Newsome's new law too.

Seems a bit heavy handed…

I thought jumping onto the bandwagon and spreading conspiracy theories and false rumors with bad sources was against your religion. I'm just going by all your criticisms of Trump followers here. Practice what you preach.

The effect is more Taliban than American, since it is based on a religious view of personhood and uses vigilante mullahs to sue non-believers. Are doctors now at risk for even discussing reproductive issues with patient?

Last edited:
I thought jumping onto the bandwagon and spreading conspiracy theories and false rumors with bad sources was against your religion. I'm just going by all your criticisms of Trump followers here. Practice what you preach.
"Glad to see this"

In reference to the clarifying statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT