ADVERTISEMENT

More Liberal Hypocrisy

Billy Packard

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2006
Obama, Reid, Biden, Pelosi and all the kings men are such hypocrites. With Harry Reid, with the blessing of Obama and Biden using the "nuclear option" to get D.C area judical judges seated, eventhough they already have too many for the lessening number of cases, and something THEY opposed when Pres. Bush tried to get those same seats filled, they have now turned a complete 180 degrees, every single one of them NOW wanting to end the filibustering, which THEY all wanted in the Bush years. Then Senators Obama, Reid and Biden all spoke out harshly against Bush and the republicans when they threatened using this same "nuclear option" The only difference is that the republicans DIDN'T use it and the Democrats who were opposed under Bush now ALL agree to change something that has been a procedure for over 200 years.

Well, maybe when the Republicans hold the senate then they can do what they want and the dems will say, "what the hell did we do in 2013"? This administration and this senate, as well as the dishonest justice department have run roughshod over the constitution and the procedures used since our constitution was ratified. It has served us well, until King Obama came to power, with dubious feats and subterfuge to win his reelections. Can you say IRS targeting conservative groups, spying on journalists, changing census numbers and now recently excluding over 39 news organizations from covering executive branch press meetings. In a horrendously partisan manner (what else does he know?), the president once again broke his campaign promises for transparency in his administration and the "there is no red or blue america" comments.

The 39 news (cable and network) organizations have been excluded so as to have make the president answer any tough questions so these selected liberal, liberal media will only get to ask questions and take film, and the administrations own "so-called journalists and photographers" paid for by us taxpayers and on the administrations staffs. Although mainstream media never vetted him before the 2008 election, they have now seen what a dishonest, arrogant, and distructive president he is and he's trying his best to change his 37% approval with now his own "STATE RUN MEDIA". We can now say we have the same government press like Pravda and what the Chinese and North Koreans have. By the way, the 39 news organizations have all signed a letter to the president asking about his campaign promise for more transparency and he's now trying to keep all the news to be what he wants it to be.

I recall reading about a guy named Adolph that took over the free press and made his own propaganda and even had a "propaganda czar". Sound familiar? And he spied on the journalists and his citizens and threatened and did even more (like making CIA agents in Benghazi sign non-disclosure agreements and even changed some of their names and moved some, so as for the american public would not know the truth. We are becoming Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and still 37% of americans still think he's doing a good job.

Well here's the latest on his own governement run media. I expect he also bought a whole truckload of softballs so his people can toss them to him and he doesn't have to answer for his lies, coverups, etc.

Top Democrats Hated the 'Nuclear Option' Before They Were For It

Nov. 21, 2013 7:21pmBecket Adams

The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to invoke the so-called "nuclear option," making it possible for Congress to confirm most judicial and executive nominees with just 51 votes (as opposed to the previous 61).

President Barack Obama (C) walks with Vice President-elect Joseph Biden (R) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) (L) on Captiol Hill January 5, 2009 in Washington, DC. (Getty Images)

"(T)he vote today…is an indication that a majority of senators believe, as I believe, that enough is enough," President Barack Obama said after the vote. "The American people's business is far too important to keep falling prey day after day to Washington politics. I'm a former senator."

"So is my vice president. We both value any Senate's duty to advise and consent. It's important and we take that very seriously," he added.

But here's something interesting (and perhaps not all that surprising): Top Democrats were at one point fiercely opposed to the "nuclear option."

Fiercely.

"The threat to change Senate rules is a raw abuse of power and will destroy the very checks and balances our founding fathers put in place to prevent absolute power by any one branch of government," Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said in 2005 in reference to Republican efforts to invoke the "nuclear option" to expedite the nomination of President George W. Bush's judicial nominees.

Then-Sen. Barack Obama added in 2005: "I sense that talk of the nuclear option is more about power than about fairness … I believe some of my colleagues propose this rules change because they can get away with it rather than because they know it's good for our democracy.

"The American people want less partisanship in this town, but everyone in this chamber knows that if the majority chooses to end the filibuster ? if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate ? then the fighting and the bitterness and the gridlock will only get worse," the senator from Illinois added.
This post was edited on 11/22 10:58 PM by Billy Packard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT