ADVERTISEMENT

MMA FIGHTER VS OU PLAYER

That MMA guy probably had to have his hands declared as a deadly weapon. So there is going to be legal issues for the MMA guy. A friend of mine trained fighters in Karate and MMA fighting, and he had to have his hands declared.

He picked the wrong guy and got his ass kicked.

So which one is Spencer Jones? The primary fight was half decent with the end choke hold and the guy trying to punch his way out. The other dude wearing the fleece line Brokeback Mountain jean jacket got destroyed by the 5 foot nothing wrestler. If that guy didn't end up with a serious concussion as hard as his head hit the cinder block wall I'd be shocked. Maybe OU football players should stick to not going to class and playing sports with pads and helmets on.

Bonus Take: 5-1 Spencer Jones is in the transfer portal within a month as he can no longer show his face on campus.

Bonus Take 2: At least Joe Mixon picked a fight with someone more drunk then he was

He obviously hadnt taken Dusty Dvoracek's "Campus Corner Barfighting 101"...
Won a few fights as a kid until I got my ears boxed in one day at school . Came to the conclusion that for every one kid I could whip there were three others that could kick my ass . My mantra became “ violence is the last resort
of the incompetent “.
The problem now with young studs that start all the bar bravado nonsense is they tangle with the wrong
guy and get their butt kicked in they want to sue somebody. I got an orbital facial blowout catching an
elbow playing basketball so Spencer Jones will heal just like I did. However, he will have years of sinus
infections to enjoy....maybe he learned a valuable lesson, maybe he won’t , it’s up to him.

So which one is Spencer Jones? The primary fight was half decent with the end choke hold and the guy trying to punch his way out. The other dude wearing the fleece line Brokeback Mountain jean jacket got destroyed by the 5 foot nothing wrestler. If that guy didn't end up with a serious concussion as hard as his head hit the cinder block wall I'd be shocked. Maybe OU football players should stick to not going to class and playing sports with pads and helmets on.

Bonus Take: 5-1 Spencer Jones is in the transfer portal within a month as he can no longer show his face on campus.

Bonus Take 2: At least Joe Mixon picked a fight with someone more drunk then he was
Spencer is the one that got slapped with the left hand and then caught a right elbow to the chops

It’s always interesting when high school bullies go to college and think that they can fight.

I could win an Oscar doing a documentary filming the reactions of jacka$$es who filmsd street fights with their phones instead of stepping in to stop it before somebody died. Sit them down and ask them five or ten years later how they feel about the fact that they stood there and yelled World Star while someone was killed.

People watch this stuff and make judgements about the guys fighting when we should really be judging the gutless fools filming it.

Last edited:
It’s always interesting when high school bullies go to college and think that they can fight.

I could win an Oscar doing a documentary filming the reactions of jacka$$es who filmsd street fights with their phones instead of stepping in to stop it before somebody died. Sit them down and ask them five or ten years later how they feel about the fact that they stood there and yelled World Star while someone was killed.

People watch this stuff and make judgements about the guys fighting when we should really be judging the gutless fools filming it.
TRUTH

Reactions: HuffyCane
Won a few fights as a kid until I got my ears boxed in one day at school . Came to the conclusion that for every one kid I could whip there were three others that could kick my ass . My mantra became “ violence is the last resort
of the incompetent “.
The problem now with young studs that start all the bar bravado nonsense is they tangle with the wrong
guy and get their butt kicked in they want to sue somebody. I got an orbital facial blowout catching an
elbow playing basketball so Spencer Jones will heal just like I did. However, he will have years of sinus
infections to enjoy....maybe he learned a valuable lesson, maybe he won’t , it’s up to him.
He can play a young Michael Corleone in the Godfather remake.

Hint: Don't screw with dudes that look like they were on the wrestling team and have the cauliflower ears to prove it.
There is a longer video of this incident which demonstrates the OU players lack of recognition and arrogance about this situation. Whether that is as a result of entitlement or intoxication, it isn't clear.

What is clear is that a man a foot shorter and forty pounds lighter than you and wearing cowboy boots is standing on a piss filled floor and not leaving when you are discussing whether a fight should happen.

Next, short dude two asks short dude one "Which one do you want?" lol

Still not recognizing the danger they are in, dude one wipes blood from a previous fight off of his face, which is the first tap of the fight. He was wiping blood into the guys eyes to blind him.

I don't know about you, but I get the impression these guys get into a fight both going into a bathroom and a second one coming out, no matter what bar they go into.

That's Oklahoma, by God.

Some of these guys become attorneys. I have had several interactions in the Tulsa County Courthouse over the years where someone was mad at my client. I tried to address their concerns and then there is a silence. A time or two I’ve asked, “What are you going to do do now?”

Of course, Huffy likes my geezer version of this story where the good Ole boy threatened to kick the ass of another counsel from a well known family of attorneys. “Or I would if I wasn’t crippled.”

I was in a depo with another one of these old guys a couple of years back. He hadn’t been in a depo in probably 10-15 years. He starts objecting to everything on relevance. That’s just not how it works. I try to explain that and that just escalates It. We go on a break to call the judge.

“You’re stupid and illiterate” begins the discussion off the record. I quote the local rule to him. $hitbag attorney for witness goes and finds some 30 year old version of rule which is wrong and appears to be intentionally so. We get judge on phone. Judge cites the same rule I did back and tells us all to cut it out. That’s usually how this goes.

Right before we go back on, old man looks at me and says, “You can report back into the record what I said about you being stupid and illiterate.” I shrug my shoulders and say OK.

“We’re back on the record. We had a conference and called the judge. There is a transcript of that if you want to read it. Right before we came back on, counsel told me to say that he called me ‘stupid and illiterate’ right before we called judge.” I say this totally dry. No smirk at all.

The guy’s daughter has to hold him back in his chair. The deposition went on from there but there was this Dr. Strangelove chair thing going on for quite some time.

• Haha
Still a classic ...

The individual whose hand you see waving on the screen and saying “Fat boy!” in this video is legendary trial lawyer Joe Jamail. Who had several physical run ins over the years.

He also had the field named after him at the University of Texas after giving football $10 million. One Saturday during a particularly embarrassing loss in a losing season, he famously burst into a crowded press box and shouted at the AD across the room that he would give them $100 million to take his name OFF the field. I don’t think it’s called Joe Jamail field anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: texicane
Still a classic ...

The individual whose hand you see waving on the screen and saying “Fat boy!” in this video is legendary trial lawyer Joe Jamail. Who had several physical run ins over the years.

He also had the field named after him at the University of Texas after giving football $10 million. One Saturday during a particularly embarrassing loss in a losing season, he famously burst into a crowded press box and shouted at the AD across the room that he would give them $100 million to take his name OFF the field. I don’t think it’s called Joe Jamail field anymore.

Even a geriatric badass can provide valuable entertainment. Especially if equipped with a black belt in verbal karate..

This reminds me of a story told to us by my old high school wrestling coach Dick Beattie. Dick was a NCAA wresting champ at OSU at 136 lbs. and had earned a spot on the olympic team until he had to have emergency surgery. Well, he and Myron Rodrick were at a bar in Stillwater where they picked up 3 young ladies. In came the some football players that were dating the young ladies and they told Dick and Myron to hit the road. Dick and myron weren't going to take any goof off of them and told them so. the 3 football lineman then challenged them to a fight. Dick said to Myron do you think this is a fair fight and Mryon said no, I think they need more help. They wenr outside and Dick and Myron kicked butt. They they went back in and had more beer the the young ladies. The next day at wrestling practice the football coach came in madder than hell wanting to know how many and which wrestlers jumped his players and kicked their asses. When Dick a 136 pounder and Myron a 141 pounder came forward and said they beat up the 3 players the football coach grew madder. At that point Dick told the coach, we told them it wasn't a fair fight and that they should get some more help, but the football players were to dumb to listen. Nobody could tell a good story like Coach Beattie. Years later I was at a teacher workshop and ran into Mryon's brother-n-law and he told the same story. He also confirmed other stories about Dick and Myron and their shenanigans, that Myron would admit to in private, but deny in public!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT