ADVERTISEMENT

MLS

I'm from Tulsa, but have lived in the ATL for 10 years now, and I've never really experienced anything like this grassroots fandom that has been built over the last couple of years. It's a different type of energy and a different type of fan. These aren't your typical fans of the Falcons and Braves, although there is some overlap. It is a diverse fanbase that is rabid. When the announcers say that every fan stands for the full 90 minutes, they aren't kidding. It is raucous.

I've only been to one match so far, but it was by far the most electric sports environment I have ever seen.
Good to know...but you can affirm the fickleness of ATL fans when it comes to the Braves, Hawks, and Falcons. There's a reason why hockey has failed there....TWICE. Fans in ATL just aren't patient

I'm from Tulsa, but have lived in the ATL for 10 years now, and I've never really experienced anything like this grassroots fandom that has been built over the last couple of years. It's a different type of energy and a different type of fan. These aren't your typical fans of the Falcons and Braves, although there is some overlap. It is a diverse fanbase that is rabid. When the announcers say that every fan stands for the full 90 minutes, they aren't kidding. It is raucous.

I've only been to one match so far, but it was by far the most electric sports environment I have ever seen.
Good to know...but you can affirm the fickleness of ATL fans when it comes to the Braves, Hawks, and Falcons. There's a reason why hockey has failed there....TWICE. Fans in ATL just aren't patient

That is totally true too. It seems like it was the perfect storm how Blank and Tata set up the team. The true test comes next year when the team looks drastically different.

Either way, I never thought I'd see the day where MLS draws that many fans, it's incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT