ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State fan here

Jan 2, 2021
I live in the DFW area, and I was going to go to the game, with my free Veteran's ticket. However, because of the lousy weather I decided that watching it from the comfort of my home was much better.

I'm not about to get into a game of "whataboutism"....both teams were chippy and the refs lost control. While I didn't mind them not throwing flags after every play like they normally like to do, maybe in retrospect the refs should've just thrown an unsportsmanlike call on both benches for the pre-game pushing, then throw anyone who got an unsportsmanlike out of the game after that.

Should #4 from Mississippi State be thrown off the team? What Malik Heath did was punk-assed. Kicking a player, running away like a little bitch, then bragging about it on Instagram, should be a one-way ticket for him to transfer to Jackson State, where Coach Prime Time could make him a target for the J-State Tiger offense.

#40's hit on that Tulsa player? Totally legit. Errol Thompson hit him in the chest with his shoulder pads. What Thompson did after that was unconscionable- he should've just walked away, then partied in the locker room.

Is the Mississippi State team a bunch of thugs? I don't think so. However, Mike Leach never had a spring practice with this team, and after we got off to such a horrible start a lot of the players quit (figuratively and literally). Then when the Communist Chinese Death Plague hit, it took us down to less than 50 players suiting up. What was left after that was a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, who may not have been as talented as the ones who quit, but were much more cohesive.

I hope that, in the future, Mike Leach will be able to control his players. Any yapping or trash-talking needs to stop now. If they don't, any team with half a brain could just bait them and get them totally screwed up, plus every referee crew in America is now looking at Mississippi State and will penalize them for not breathing right.

Last edited:
I live in the DFW area, and I was going to go to the game, with my free Veteran's ticket. However, because of the lousy weather I decided that watching it from the comfort of my home was much better.

I'm not about to get into a game of "whataboutism"....both teams were chippy and the refs lost control. While I didn't mind them not throwing flags after every play like they normally like to do, maybe in retrospect the refs should've just thrown an unsportsmanlike call on both benches for the pre-game pushing, then throw anyone who got an unsportsmanlike out of the game after that.

Should #4 from Mississippi State be thrown off the team? What Malik Heath did was punk-assed. Kicking a player, running away like a little bitch, then bragging about it on Instagram, should be a one-way ticket for him to transfer to Jackson State, where Coach Prime Time could make him a target for the J-State Tiger offense.

#40's hit on that Tulsa player? Totally legit. Errol Thompson hit him in the chest with his shoulder pads. What Thompson did after that was unconscionable- he should've just walked away, then partied in the locker room.

Is the Mississippi State team a bunch of thugs? I don't think so. However, Mike Leach never had a spring practice with this team, and after we got off to such a horrible start a lot of the players quit (figuratively and literally). Then when the Communist Chinese Death Plague hit, it took us down to less than 50 players suiting up. What was left after that was a bunch of freshmen and sophomores, who may not have been as talented as the ones who quit, but were much more cohesive.

I hope that, in the future, Mike Leach will be able to control his players. Any yapping or trash-talking needs to stop now. If they don't, any team with half a brain could just bait them and get them totally screwed up, plus every referee crew in America is now looking at Mississippi State and will penalize them for not breathing right.
Very well written , I think both sides have some fault but I think the majority of the players on both teams were trying to break things up and not escalate everything

Nice post.
Agree on your take on the refs and pregame as well as #14 and 40.
I agree with TR that most players were trying to break it up.
Probably a couple of TU players that might need some consequences as well.

But, while I didn't like what I saw, I wasn't quite as up in arms about it as some.

Agree with what you wrote. Very well said and both teams need discipline.
However the problem with the hit on the onside kick was that it happened in the 10 yard zone where my understanding is illegal. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT