ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Beach Bowl Attendance

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Hey boo birds,

All the smack you talked about the bowl attendance could be unfounded.

The Alumni package is sold out, so is the night before party and the pre-game party. Judging by the pictures on Facebook, the crowd is going to far exceed your expectations.

We shall see.

I almost booked a plane ticket last week, if I had just one person to commit to going with me I'd be there right now.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Hey boo birds,

All the smack you talked about the bowl attendance could be unfounded.

The Alumni package is sold out, so is the night before party and the pre-game party. Judging by the pictures on Facebook, the crowd is going to far exceed your expectations.

We shall see.
Crowd looks sparse. Not a cheap travel destination. Hard to get locals out to an afternoon (Monday) game with zero area connection.

Tulsa represented as well or better than CMU

Looked bad on TV....and they kept showing the empty stands for some reason. Hopefully TV ratings were ok for that beat down.

Reactions: scotty0912
I'd say 5,000 TU fans were there, maybe more. About the same for CMU.

More people here than Mobile Year Two by far.

I wasn't counting the two bands. Both bands probably 600. Even with the bands, I don't think there were over 4,500 in attendance.

It was fine. The least of our problems. Monday afternoon at 1:30PM? What could they have realistically expected?

It was fine. The least of our problems. Monday afternoon at 1:30PM? What could they have realistically expected?
TU deserved to play in front of 80,000, the way they played. This offense could shred a hell of a lot better teams than Central Michigan. TU got gyped, robbed and ignored by the bowl selection committes...better than Houston and Navy by far right now (since Navy lost their QB they are meager at best). Its major crap that prime time couldn't see this team in action. If I was a TU quarterback next year , I would dedicate myself to the weight room for arm strength and take yoga, pilates and Tai Chi because if their defense can improve next year...LOOK OUT ! How great it would have been to play Okla. State right now in a bowl game. Dane and Company would tear that defense up.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
When we beat them next year, I'm sure they'll blame it on the refs and claim victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT