ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
This is just what the Memphis program needs. Lol I hope the NCAA will keep a close eye on the program.

This is just what the Memphis program needs. Lol I hope the NCAA will keep a close eye on the program.

Honestly., now that the players are edging toward full monetary compensation for their services, i dont think the NCAA will care about anything other than collecting their $$ cut from the dance.

Honestly., now that the players are edging toward full monetary compensation for their services, i dont think the NCAA will care about anything other than collecting their $$ cut from the dance.
I'm not too sure that wasn't their primary focus before this 'monetary compensation' thing became
a reality.....Think about it....This will relieve them from a lot of the heat they had incurred from their
under investigating, under penalizing, and under sanctioning the 'bigs' for their various transgressions
in this very area......The courts may have well taken the NCAA off of a very serious hook......

They had lost almost all of their ability to investigate and penalize.....Now they won't have to.....

He can’t figure out how to cheat enough. This is like some old oil schmuck who blew his last mil on OSU tickets and meth in late 90’s, only to miss the early 00’s. The world has passed Ole Larry bye.

I do expect Self and Haith to do well. Kelvin too. Hell, someone needs to hire the Suttons back and get FedEx to sponsor them.

Reactions: TulsaRulzOSUdrools
I heard Rasheed Wallace is a top candidate to join Penny’s staff as well

I heard Rasheed Wallace is a top candidate to join Penny’s staff as well
No worries, he'll fit right in. If I recall correctly, he led the league in technical fouls on more than one occasion. Simply, he's just an addition that reflects the character of the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
Dave Bliss will be next at Memphis.
That's not even really funny. I was working in Student Affairs at Baylor when Bliss was hired as the new basketball coach. He "gave" the entire department these really nice Baylor padfolios and went into some prefabbed "we need you on our side to make this program successful" which most of us translated to "give our kids a slap on the wrist when they get into trouble because I can't be bothered with disciplining them when I am trying to win games". A few of us left there and felt he was shady.

No worries, he'll fit right in. If I recall correctly, he led the league in technical fouls on more than one occasion. Simply, he's just an addition that reflects the character of the program.
Yep. At one point he led the NBA in both field goal percentage and technical fouls per game, which was a shocking .40 or so at the time. Iirc he also holds the career record for ejections solely for dissent. He was pretty close to going to prison at one point for his threats of bodily injury to a referee(s) after the games and the league stepped in.

Gus Fring? Los Pollos Hermanos is out of business.
It’s actually a real place. The local Twister’s Chicken chain rented out a location for the shoot. The TV show changed the interior but Twister’s left it when filming was over. You can literally walk on to the set. The LPH logo is on the wall, the trays are the same, etc. Everything. Worth checking out if you are in ABQ.

Reactions: TU_BLA
It’s actually a real place. The local Twister’s Chicken chain rented out a location for the shoot. The TV show changed the interior but Twister’s left it when filming was over. You can literally walk on to the set. The LPH logo is on the wall, the trays are the same, etc. Everything. Worth checking out if you are in ABQ.
Giancarlo Esposito has turned that role into a lifetime of offers to play the big bad cold meanie (he's actually pretty versatile as an actor but he has been getting type cast recently). He's a verifiable bad a$$ as Moff Gideon in The Mandalorian

Giancarlo Esposito has turned that role into a lifetime of offers to play the big bad cold meanie (he's actually pretty versatile as an actor but he has been getting type cast recently). He's a verifiable bad a$$ as Moff Gideon in The Mandalorian
You do one thing well and Hollywood will never let go of it. See Elvis and Sly Stallone and Liam Nielsen.

You do one thing well and Hollywood will never let go of it. See Elvis and Sly Stallone and Liam Nielsen.
I can see the Sly thing...not sure he had much depth to his acting though. Elvis wasn't put in movies to act. Liam Neeson though...he's played a wide range of characters (Oskar Schindler, the dude in Taken, to Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn). I do realize lately he's been typecast as the alienated special forces dude who will rip your head off if you cross him type, especially after Taken. Even Arnold was able to break free from the Terminator/Conan typecast to do some comedy later on.

I hear the locals frown on fans tossing a pizza on the roof of Walt’s house.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT