ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis playing in the Bahamas, UCF playing in Spain

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Both have been given extra practices by the NCAA to prepare for the extra games to give them a huge advantage over teams who elect to stay home and not practice. (Tulsa) Not sure who is responsible for our non-action here but they need to be held accountable.

I suspect we are going to hear that we have no money for this but we weren't even asked to contribute. If the other league teams can use this to develop team chemistry especially in years that so many new players arrive, we cannot keep giving away this advantage to them.

I believe it can only be done once every four years. Didn't we go to Canada not too long ago?

We also went in 2012 under Manning. Haith could have gone for the last 3 years and has essentially chosen not to. Other squads have gone in that time. (Volleyball, Women's Bball)

Reactions: TU_BLA
I don’t think it is a case where Haith doesn’t want to go. Every coach is anxious to get that early season jump on the others and are glad when the 4 year window is open. I am pretty sure it is an AD decision to hold us back.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I don’t think it is a case where Haith doesn’t want to go. Every coach is anxious to get that early season jump on the others and are glad when the 4 year window is open. I am pretty sure it is an AD decision to hold us back.

Nope you're wrong, it is Haith's fault that is Aston's MO --- everything is Haith's fault!!!!111

Why would the AD let two women's teams go and not let the men's team go???

Is someone honestly going to argue that we couldn't get a donor to pay for the Men's team to go in a 3 year span?

Last edited:

Is someone honestly going to argue that we couldn't get a donor to pay for the Men's team to go in a 3 year span?
Highly unlikely we’ll hear that argument made.

You might wander over to the AD's office and ask that relevant question..............

Haith is fighting for his job this season. Highly unlikely he turned down an opportunity to have extra practice time with his team. One might even argue that the Administration has been the single biggest obstacle facing our basketball program the past few years.

Reactions: TU4ever2

The rowing team went to Europe in June as well and I'm pretty sure that was 100% donor paid for. volleyball also went this past summer.

And there may have been a title IX $ figure they needed to reach to ensure equal resources were being spent.

Haith is fighting for his job this season. Highly unlikely he turned down an opportunity to have extra practice time with his team. One might even argue that the Administration has been the single biggest obstacle facing our basketball program the past few years.
Kaiser U. not supporting athletics? The horror!

I think the team got to play at Champions this summer. Gragg got it done.

Last edited:
I don’t know anything about the inner workings, but I wonder if the funds that go to pay for foreign trips come out of the same funds that pay him.

It's funny how easy it is for grown men making six figures a year to find someone to blame for their own failures.

"We never would have lost to Lamar if the administration had given me that extra round of golf I asked for"

"I might have a winning record against Little Rock if it weren't for the fact that I had to fly commercial to the recruiting event"

Hooey.

Last edited:
It's funny how easy it is for grown men making six figures a year to find someone to blame for their own failures.

"We never would have lost to Lamar if the administration had given me that extra round of golf I asked for"

"I might have a winning record against Little Rock if it weren't for the fact that I had to fly commercial to the recruiting event"

Hooey.

If you think those are the types of issues I’m talking about, you’re mistaken.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If you think those are the types of issues I’m talking about, you’re mistaken.
The problem is... Haith has had to deal with the same types of things that tons of other HC's have had to deal with. In the end.... the buck stops with him. The administration didn't make it where his teams were poorly coached enough to lose to Lamar, or UALR, or ORU, etc... In fact, I would argue that Haith has had more in terms of financial and administrative support than almost any other coach in Tulsa history.

I don't care if he didn't get to hire the assistant that he wanted. I don't care if he didn't get to sign a kid because of their academics. He had talent on his rosters and he didn't coach his teams well enough to avoid appalling losses to schools who didn't have half the talent or financial backing that he's been given.

The problem is... Haith has had to deal with the same types of things that tons of other HC's have had to deal with. In the end.... the buck stops with him. The administration didn't make it where his teams were poorly coached enough to lose to Lamar, or UALR, or ORU, etc... In fact, I would argue that Haith has had more in terms of financial and administrative support than almost any other coach in Tulsa history.

I don't care if he didn't get to hire the assistant that he wanted. I don't care if he didn't get to sign a kid because of their academics. He had talent on his rosters and he didn't coach his teams well enough to avoid appalling losses to schools who didn't have half the talent or financial backing that he's been given.

Ok cool. Reign Cane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT