ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Preseason Poll is out

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
The Preseason Poll is out. Tulsa's first game and the official start of the Konkol era is three weeks from today when they take on Oregon State in Corvallis.

Houston is ranked Number 3 and the only school on the schedule that is ranked in the preseason poll.

Other votes

Texas A&M is number 26 with 112 votes. To play them we will have to beat Loyola Chicago and the winner of Boise/Charlotte.

Memphis, who Mark Davis and Megan Uber were hyping up to make a run got 1 vote.

UAB - Incoming AAC team also got 1 vote.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Reactions: nevadanatural
So is this just ESPN’s poll with the wire service polls still to come?

As usual kitty high is way overrated. A collapse like their football has experienced this fall is quite possible.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
This is the AP Preseason poll that is listed by ESPN. I have not started checking KenPom or any other sites for the polls. Generally what is on the AP poll on ESPN is the gospel until the NET starts being used.

Houston was the unanimous preseason Number 1 in the Conference getting all of the first place votes. Tulsa is predicted 10th. So, hey nowhere but up.

I think Houston is legit as much as I hate to say it. They have a very good chance at the natty.
Hard for me to believe with Houston's over the back style of thuggery play that they will be able to get the calls against the blue bloods in the FF.

Time will tell.

GO TU!!!

Reactions: TU 1978
Some of our good years had several losses. Watching kids improve and enjoying new coaching and game day experience is a big plus. Retention, NIL, and the portal loom large in today’s world however.

I fully expect better coaching and movement. But...
The game is tough when your best player is the 3rd or 4th best player for the other guys or you just don't have the depth or size under the basket or you don't have the sharpshooter hitting 42%+ from the corners and keeping defenses honest.

The game is tough when your best player is the 3rd or 4th best player for the other guys or you just don't have the depth or size under the basket or you don't have the sharpshooter hitting 42%+ from the corners and keeping defenses honest.
Send NIL money.

I hate to give credence to the lovable Original but I'm afraid his words
have "Iron" for this year's Hurricane b-ball team . Hope he is wrong but
this team is undersized in the post and we haven't had a real sharpshooter
from the outside in a long long time . What we have experienced in the #2
guard position is an occasional 20 point game then back to a plethora of 6 point
games...no consistency the coach can count on . Konkel is going to get the
job done , but it's not a one year fix . HOPE does spring eternal for The
Hurricane Nation .

Reactions: seniorgolfer
Some of our good years had several losses. Watching kids improve and enjoying new coaching and game day experience is a big plus. Retention, NIL, and the portal loom large in today’s world however.
Yes, recruiting athletes to your school has been make harder by NIL. and once you
have them, retention as they develop is also made more difficult by the fact other
schools feel they can openly recruit them even though they have not entered the portal....Bigger, better financed programs consider them low hanging fruit for
the taking....

Does the threat of this sequence alter the coachs' approach to the development
of the players? In some cases, I would think so....If they don't get PT, (even though
they may not be ready) they will get impatient and possibly leave...What have always
been tough decisions have become even tougher..

All of our present players will be improved (some by quite a lot) by this season's end...
It will be interesting to see the make-up of next season's ('23-'24) roster, especially
the "bigs", after all of the smoke clears......

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT