ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall 11-0

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
I get the "but who have they played" angle, because the answer is no one (Rice being their best win?). But still, 11-0. Ranked #18.

Kudos former conference mate.

They can only play the team's on thier schedule. And we all know how good their qb is. I'm happy for them. I hope they play just as well against their bowl opponent.

Reminds us of TU's 2008 11-3 team
In the regular season,
TU beat only one team w/ a "winning" record
Rice, which won 10 games that year
by topping off their season by beating W. Michigan in the Texas Bowl

TU even lost the Conf USA "chump" game 2 ECU that yr.
that game was played here,
That was the famous game where the ECU "D" faked
"questionable" injuries 2 delay & disrupt
the speed & quickness of TU's offensive execution

We also had a very uncharacteristic 5 TOs that game otherwise it's not close. We went on the hammer Miami(OH) in the bowl game and their stud QB.also the same season we couldn't put it in the end zone against Arkansas on 4 tries from inside the 5 at the end of the game (a game we dominated after the first 10 minutes).

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
We also had a very uncharacteristic 5 TOs that game otherwise it's not close. We went on the hammer Miami(OH) in the bowl game and their stud QB.also the same season we couldn't put it in the end zone against Arkansas on 4 tries from inside the 5 at the end of the game (a game we dominated after the first 10 minutes).
The bowl opponent was Ball State. We've never played Miami O.

Ah yes the Ball St game that all the ESPN folks predicted TU had little chance in. Then we smashed them. Similar thing happened when we played Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl. Ah to care about football again.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by cmullinsTU:
Ah yes the Ball St game that all the ESPN folks predicted TU had little chance in. Then we smashed them. Similar thing happened when we played Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl. Ah to care about football again.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
IIRC Ball State was on target for a BCS bowl bid, then they choked and lost the MAC Championship game.

TX

Originally posted by Babe the Blue Ox:

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
The bowl opponent was Ball State. We've never played Miami O.
My bad...knew it was one of those MAC teams and they had stud QB playing. Seems like for several seasons we were one of the ESPN bowl predictor's guaranteed loss projections because of the other team's QB play (Bowling Green, Ball St, Hawai'i) and all three were TU blowouts. One thing to say about Graham, he had his teams playing supremely confident at the end of the season.

yeah, Nate Davis was their QB I believe. He was decent but seemed a tad overhyped. Never seemed to recover from the loss to Buffalo (Buffalo?) in the MAC championship game. If I remember correctly, he went to the 49ers but never really did anything. Also, I believe that was the year for Buffalo that got Turner Gill hired at Kansas. Well, that worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT