ADVERTISEMENT

Making Covid permanent?

MRNa vaccines were never released on an 'experimental' basis. Emergency basis, yes which is a far higher standard. Both now have moved from emergency to full approvals.
Correct but initially the anti-vaxxers stance was "I'm not going to take an experimental vaccine because I don't know what's in it". Which, let's be honest, if one of the scientists who developed it came out and told them they'd get this look:
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3jN3GziOKUEmI" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Reactions: watu05
Correct but initially the anti-vaxxers stance was "I'm not going to take an experimental vaccine because I don't know what's in it". Which, let's be honest, if one of the scientists who developed it came out and told them they'd get this look:
It was sad to see people posting 'experimental' as opposed to 'emergency'. An emergency authorization shortens the time line largely by pushing research results to the front of the line for review and skipping bureaucratic delays, not by skipping critical steps. People used 'experimental' out of ignorance or, as you point out, to undermine faith in the vaccines. The results speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Everyone now onboard with lifting restrictions ?
I’m still of the opinion that if a vaccine comes that will limit transmission of upcoming variants that it should be mandated federally, but besides that I’m more or less down.

Reactions: watu05
I’m still of the opinion that if a vaccine comes that will limit transmission of upcoming variants that it should be mandated federally, but besides that I’m more or less down.
I find that interesting. We’ve had 500k new cases and 5000 deaths over the past two days. What is the reasoning behind lifting now ?

Growth rate.
Went back a week

Appears pretty steady growth over the past 5 days. We are down from 7-10 days ago. We’ve seen much lower case numbers and decreases in growth rates in the past without a widespread call for mandate rollbacks. Seems like odd timing considering we’re still seeing 200k new cases a day.

If you protest, speak, or write anything with an opposing view from the current administration you can get cencored , lose your job, or put in jail.

what happened to the first amendment?

I'm growing toward the view that now that the vaccine has generally been distributed that instead of actively mandating everyone get vaccinated that we continue to distinguish between those who have pitched in by getting vaccinated and those who have not through policy favoritism. Those who aren't vaccinated are not allowed in public events, planes, their kids in school (like MMR is already required) etc. Otherwise leave them alone. We give vets special positive treatment for their contributions to our society's safety, why not treat the vaccinated the same way?

Of course all of this is predicated on our largely having reached herd immunity and most deaths being attributed to the unvaccinated, which could change.

I'm growing toward the view that now that the vaccine has generally been distributed that instead of actively mandating everyone get vaccinated that we continue to distinguish between those who have pitched in by getting vaccinated and those who have not through policy favoritism. Those who aren't vaccinated are not allowed in public events, planes, their kids in school (like MMR is already required) etc. Otherwise leave them alone. We give vets special positive treatment for their contributions to our society's safety, why not treat the vaccinated the same way?

Of course all of this is predicated on our largely having reached herd immunity and most deaths being attributed to the unvaccinated, which could change.
Really have no words for this type of Orwellian thoughts. So if you’re not vaccinated (a vaccine which currently doesn’t prevent or even significantly slow the spread of the virus) you shouldn’t be allowed in public places nor should your kids be allowed to attend school. This goes even beyond fascism. The fact that there are people in our society who believe this way should scare us all.

NO mandates!!! if it reslly works, it will sell itself
That’s not true. There are a lot of things that are good for people that don’t sell themselves.

Seatbelts for instance. They really worked… they did not sell themselves.

It’s a good thing the science changed right before the state of the union

What cracks me up is that the science changed in time for primary season... the blue states are hoping that everyone has short memories going into the mid terms...

So let’s force toddlers to wear a mask which doesn’t reduce the spread because they haven’t received a vaccine which doesn’t reduce the spread? Did I miss anything ?

As someone in my early 30s who is triple vaccinated I have almost lowered my risk of death from Covid to that of a child who is not vaccinated. Almost but not quite. It’s insanity really

….but are you still wearing a mask which science tells us provides literally no protection from contracting Covid? Assuming it’s not a properly fitted N95…which none of those kids will be wearing.

….but are you still wearing a mask which science tells us provides literally no protection from contracting Covid? Assuming it’s not a properly fitted N95…which none of those kids will be wearing.
I quit wearing one when i got the second shot.. gotta trust "the science" right?

At what point did those screaming to follow the science choose to start ignoring the science ?

the cdc is now reporting that some of its covid numbers were inflated by as much as 24%.

"follow the science"

US Covid deaths topped 1M today.
6th or 7th largest plague worldwide.(Depending on whether you count aids.) Over 6m deaths. Will stay there, cuz the Third Plague had 12M. It ain't going to double the deaths at this point.

More evidence supporting what those of us who “follow the science” have been saying for almost the past two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT