ADVERTISEMENT

Make it stop

URedskin54

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2005
Does this kind of spamming actually work for political campaigns?
81-F8-E1-E5-D3-FB-4767-AB3-D-779459-E56-FC2.png

Last edited:
Why are you posting Trump's desperate ad to be matched x 6. Am I missing something here?

Why are you posting Trump's desperate ad to be matched x 6. Am I missing something here?

Yes it seems you are. I’m just complaining that I get annoying boomer spam messages all the time. That’s a screenshot from my phone. I’ll edit the original post for context

Last edited:
Yes it seems you are. I’m just complaining that I get annoying boomer spam messages all the time. That’s a screenshot from my phone. I’ll edit the original post for context

Ok, now it makes some modicum of sense. Forgive me for being a little slow, and ignoring the title of the post. I get it from both sides. Most of It is a bunch of scams, that provide little to nothing for either party/candidate. Just another way to skim/scam your income. Better hurry fore the hours up.

Last edited:
At least you didn’t give the Scientologists your number.
You don't even know the half of it. There was a Church of Scientology down the street from my dorm in Boston. We would pass it walking to the Common and there'd always be about a dozen indoctrinators outside trying to recruit you. My roommate would always make up some hilarious reason as to why Scientology would not approve of his lifestyle and the look in their eyes was like "dude, you just told us way too much".

I'm really not even sure how they got my number. I've never donated to a campaign. The closest I've been to donating is when I bought a funny shirt for a friend from some place that may have been affiliated with a campaign, but I didn't have to give out my number.

I'm really not even sure how they got my number. I've never donated to a campaign. The closest I've been to donating is when I bought a funny shirt for a friend from some place that may have been affiliated with a campaign, but I didn't have to give out my number.
Are you a registered R? They might have cross referenced your voter info with data they acquired from a third party (like facebook hypothetically) which could have included your phone number.

I'm sure both parties are doing things like that.

Are you a registered R? They might have cross referenced your voter info with data they acquired from a third party (like facebook hypothetically) which could have included your phone number.

I'm sure both parties are doing things like that.

Not since 2015. Though I'd imagine they could probably run through old rolls or do the same thing with registered independents.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I’ve been getting similar fundraising emails from the Trump campaign, and I haven’t been registered as an R since 2008 in a different state entirely. I have no idea where they got my email. I did make a couple of donations to an R candidate this year, but I don’t think I gave my email out. As you all know, I have never been a Trump fan so I am not sure how I got on their list. But it is aggravating.

They're probably just casting a wide net and assuming that people who have been registered to their Party in the past will be more likely to donate to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT