ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardis new bracketology

TU would be one of the final at-large teams to avoid the play-in game as it stands right now.

Originally posted by libertychamp:

Tulsa 11 seed vs 6 seed Arkansas
Also a number 11 seed in Palm's CBS Sports Bracketology.

GO TU!!!

I thought TU would drop to 12 this week. I still think that TU has to win 1 of @UConn or @Memphis and then sweep at home to get to 21-8 (7 for RPI purposes) and then TU probably has to win 1 or 2 in the tournament and hope the Committee forgives the SEOSU debacle. Hopefully, the AAC tournament championship game will be between two teams already "in".

I sure hope the guys can pull it off at UConn. Not going to be easy. My guess is UConn will be favored by 1 or 2. I would not want the team to march into Memphis in a "must win" mode.

I'll be very happy with an 11 or 12. Those are good first round upset numbers with a beatable opponent in the second round.

Part of it is other teams who would take our spot. Must be that the first group out are clearly below US still.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

They are anxious for us to lose the lead to drop us completely out. They feel they have to include us as long as we are on top and really have no strong feeling for Tulsa. And if we can't win, we may have to agree.

I am not implying I don't think we are worthy of an at-large, but our resume and lack of TRUE quality wins is a hindrance right now. I honestly think this team rights the ship against UCONN and then goes to Memphis and puts a hurting on them at home like they've never experienced. Our guys know what's on the line and what the pundits are saying about TU. They are going to play with urgency and a chip on their shoulder.

TU has lost1 (ONE, EIN) game to a team that played extremely well while TU did not. SMU is a good team but by no stretch are they unbeatable.

I think we have to beat UConn or Memphis on the road and sweep at home.

Agreed. We have to go into the SMU game with only one conference loss. Do that, and we should win the conference title as I think SMU will slip up one more time. The games I fear the most are Cincinnati and Temple. These will be tough!

Originally posted by GoldandBlew:
Agreed. We have to go into the SMU game with only one conference loss. Do that, and we should win the conference title as I think SMU will slip up one more time. The games I fear the most are Cincinnati and Temple. These will be tough!
15-3 should be good enough IMO to get us in.

Originally posted by GoldandBlew:
Doubt very seriously we only have one loss by the SMU game. Not realistic. Not necessary.

Stay ahead of Temple in the conference standings and we have a good shot.

GO TU!!!

It's my opinion, we'll have more than 1 loss heading into SMU. I still say, if we're able to win the road game at UCONN, it'll help swing some of the NE media bias over to our side, not totally but at least get them thinking................now a loss would do way more damage and they'd probably throw us under the bus.

Road wins at UCONN and at Memphis will go a long way in national perception, although neither of those tasks is as difficult as what the national media perceives right now.

Both of those games are absolutely winnable and we should win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT