ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fires petrino because they take football serious.

okie51

I.T.S. Junior
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
There are a lot of reasons Tulsa has lost their fan base... hanging onto crappy coaches is one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
I thought we would have breaking news on our coach today as well.

I am so discouraged.
I've been a TU fan for almost 70 years. I live for August when we get ready for the new season of football, and in December I make plans to attend our bowl game.
TU fans have suffered through some very lean times, but this is about a bad as it can get.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Don't see it happening here.... It costs Louisville way too much cash to be a cellar dweller in a P5 conference. Their marketing and licensing revenue has to take a huge hit when they suck. Not that it's really that different here, as piss poor performance equals piss poor revenue. We obviously don't have the marketing and licensing revenue a school like Louisville does, but I assume that we don't depend on a huge stream of revenue to be generated by our FB program and hope that it simply isn't bleeding cash. I'd really like someones insight on this to know whether I'm completely off base.

Don't see it happening here.... It costs Louisville way too much cash to be a cellar dweller in a P5 conference. Their marketing and licensing revenue has to take a huge hit when they suck. Not that it's really that different here, as piss poor performance equals piss poor revenue. We obviously don't have the marketing and licensing revenue a school like Louisville does, but I assume that we don't depend on a huge stream of revenue to be generated by our FB program and hope that it simply isn't bleeding cash. I'd really like someones insight on this to know whether I'm completely off base.
My problem is not necessarily with losing, it's with not being competitive, and not seeing any improvement.

Looks like I’m still banned over there after my participation in the brilliant UCF take over of their MB where a half dozen of those red bird jokers actually believed there was a problem with rivals software after we posted a bunch of threads having to do with the Tulsa/UCF football rivalry on their free board and then answered each other. After we told them falsely that we thought we were posting on the UCF payboard (and created thread titles in the Dungeon to match in case they checkedh) and there must be a glitch so that our messages were showing over on the Louisville site, one of the mods actually called Rivals Support. I’d love to have a copy of that tape. We posted so many threads it pushed all of the Louisville content off the front page. I’ll never forget the howls when I created the thread “After Beating UCF, Will Todd Graham Be The Next Tulsa Coach to Save Louisville?” A bunch of Rivals rules and the terms of agreement got changed for all users after that. Made us all proud.

Search for Kragthorpe on their MB. It rolls several dozens messages in the last four days.

The FBI might close the program. They are hemorrhaging cash without dirty sneaker money and sleazy pizza money. Petrino is flat out nose diving the program. But they are still pissed about a coach ten years ago who kicked players off campus who had never been to class.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT