ADVERTISEMENT

Local Tulsa Soccer

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So pretty much every sizeable soccer complex in the city is under water. Indian Springs in south BA has been overtaken by the river. River City soccer complex at the Case Communtiy Park in Sand Springs is under water...you can only see the tops of the goals. The Mohawk Soccer complex at 56th St N is part of Bird Creek right now. I don't think the Metro Tulsa fields on Riverside Dr south of 101st St are under water yet but that could change. Titan complexes in Jenks are now rice paddies. There is supposed to be a pretty sizeable Oklahoma Premier Clubs State Cup tournament next week and US Club soccer regional tournament the week after that. Both of those are now in danger of being scrubbed.

I do know both Holly-Frontier refineries are ceasing operations until the water goes down.

I have never seen anything like this in my 27 years living in Tulsa.

There's also a huge 3v3 tourney scheduled for June 8th at the Metro South and North fields. There's no telling how long some of these complexes will be unplayable.

Just saw a statement that the Case Community Park SS fields are gone and they aren't sure if or when they will be able to rebuild those fields.

Last edited:
There's also a huge 3v3 tourney scheduled for June 8th at the Metro South and North fields. There's no telling how long some of these complexes will be unplayable.

Just saw a statement that the Case Community Park SS fields are gone and they aren't sure if or when they will be able to rebuild those fields.
I don't know about the MTSC South fields, the MTSC North fields at 41st and 169 are fine. I drive by them daily.

I saw the pic from the WSA fields (Sand Springs). It's bad but once the water recedes they should be able to lay new sod and be fine. Hopefully some of the complexes will take the time to actually grade the surfaces and lay a hardy bermuda hybrid down. SS and BA should get some sort of aid to help fix those after this. Indian Springs is completely underwater right now and projected to go right up to the houses on the northwest side if the Indian Springs complex. I'd be shocked if ISCC doesn't lose a few golf holes as well. I'd be shocked if BA and Bixby police allow anyone south of 131st St other than residents the next few days.

MTSC south fields are in good shape. Drove by them this evening.
I drove by on Friday. I believe their biggest concern is more Riverside Dr. and accessibility or lack thereof if the river continues to rise.

My son is supposed to be at Titan South tonight for ID training and tryouts. Pretty sure it will get canc'd/ppd AGAIN as the weather tonight is supposed to be dicey once again. BTW, one of the storm drains on the exit to Elm St in Jenks (off the WB Creek Tpk) is abcking up and spilling water. Jenks utility workers were placing some very large sand barriers over the inside lanes. Polecat Creek to the south of that intersection is out of its banks but not up on Elm yet. The creek passes just south of the Titan South complex. This should be fun

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT