ADVERTISEMENT

Lobos

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
Next week's opponent New Mex is down 14-7 at the half at Boise. They look pretty good but are down to their 3rd string QB.

The kicker is supposed to be decent but couldn't convert before halftime. Maybe we should lean the goal posts a little ala '89 just in case.

I think the jury is out on them right now... they lost at home to New Mexico State before this game. Also Boise isn't the same Boise they used to be.

Boise looked pretty decent in a three point overtime loss at #20 WSU.
Boise State is pedestrian. I wanted to watch that game and found it to be extremely boring. So I switched it over to the NFL game...Texans and Bengals. That should tell you how boring I thought New Mexico and Boise St were last night.

Reactions: Gold*
Pedestrian and bad can be and are(in this instance) two different issues.

I was unimpressed by both teams... neither could throw the ball well at all and they didn't run much better. In fact, both teams had under 300 yards total offense.

New Mexico's coach is the one referenced in the thread on the board out there. I'm not sure what he's under investigation for, but they mentioned it on the broadcast. Their triple option looked really tentative last night. I think our defense should be able to stop them--and that's saying something.

I wonder if their starting QB will be available next week. That targeting shot that he took last night was one of the nastiest that I've seen in awhile.

I wonder if their starting QB will be available next week. That targeting shot that he took last night was one of the nastiest that I've seen in awhile.
I'd be surprised...the kid couldn't stand or walk. He does have 2 extra days.

The Boise St player should be suspended a minimum of 3 games for that hit. Hits like that have 1 purpose- to disable. I wonder if the MWC can review and add games. As it stands, he only missed the remainder of last night's game since the penalty occurred in the 1st half. If it were the NFL he'd be out a minimum of $25k.

Davie is under "investigation" based on a review of the administration of comments made in exit interviews of players from Locksley's tenure who were benched because they were terrible. Color me skeptical that their complaints paint a fair picture of the program. Its like asking a 22 year old how much they enjoyed working at a job they just got fired from. If the abuse was physical, substantial, and can be proven, then that's obviously a problem and lifetime bans need to happen, but the leaks coming out of the program appear to be of the nature of people being forced to do things they didnt want to do, like run, lift, and drill more than they thought they wanted to. Davie stopped the free lunch and now they are pissed. The truth is probably in the middle.

Im just happy we have scheduled an option team before the Navy conference game. We need this every year.

The essence of football is: who can block, who can defeat that block, and whether they can tackle the football afterwards. The rules have changed to favor the offense so much, the movement of the ball across the goalline is now assumed unless the defense prevents it, so the ability to score is no longer the critical skill needed to decide games.

Unlike previous years, New Mexico appears to have improved their ability to defeat blocks and make tackles. The game won't be as easy as some would predict and regrettably the score will be closer than some third party commentators would want Tulsa to beat New Mexico by.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT