ADVERTISEMENT

"Life's bigger than football"

quincy101

I.T.S. Position Coach
Nov 4, 2007
Doesn't everyone hope to see an eventual reduction in mass shootings & young person's suicides? Well, I don't know about other schools, but according to The Tulsa World this morning, Rick Dickson has hired an old TU teammate as a "mental health consultant in residence" at TU. A guy named Jimmy Stewart(cool name) is a licensed professional counselor available to all student athletes.

Most people recognize that shootings and suicides are acts of mentally disturbed individuals. Recognizing mental health issues and offering appropriate help becomes absolutely essential. The success of this program and hopefully the publicity surrounding it will spread to other schools around Tulsa and eventually around the country. School administrators have the money, but will they spend it on such an important issue?

And the quote that headlines this thread comes from the nation's leading QB: "To be able to ask for help and go get help is nothing to be ashamed of at all. Life's bigger than football".

I met him Saturday at the Tailgate tent.

Rick Dickson has hired an old TU teammate as a "mental health consultant in residence" at TU. A guy named Jimmy Stewart(cool name) is a licensed professional counselor available to all student athletes.
Hired him a while back. It was announced when they announced Pooh as an assistant AD for fundraising. Coach Monty talked about Stewart a few weeks ago at a pregame press conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT