ADVERTISEMENT

Let's give Blakenship and staff another year...

TulsaAM

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Feb 10, 2002
The team is young and there were many key injuries especially on defense... Oh, man... I'm awake now... Horrible nightmare about a press conference at TU about football....

Surprisingly.. The Tulsa World's poll on BB is a dead heat fire/keep.

That poll is meaningless. It's full of Tulsa Union alum and Blankenship sympathizers who don't even attend TU games, or even follow TU.

TX

Originally posted by texcane1982:

That poll is meaningless. It's full of Tulsa Union alum and Blankenship sympathizers who don't even attend TU games, or even follow TU.

TX
From the comments on the other article, it is also full of OSU & OU fans. I know OSU fans who would love for TU to keep BB for a long time.

This post was edited on 11/29 11:22 AM by Tulsafanzz

if back to back 3-9 and 2-10 seasons dont say FIRE ME! What does?

4 or our losses came against teams that are; 3-8, 4-3, 6-6, 4-8.

Not necessarly giant killers.
This post was edited on 11/29 11:40 AM by aTUfan

With 60+ trustees I doubt there is actually a clear direction for the University as a whole much less for the football team.

At this point, I am finding it hard to care if Blankenship stays or goes...

I lost respect for Bill as a coach last year when he hired his son in from a losing high school football team.

We gave Bill another year - this year!

All he did was hire more Blankenships.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Tulsa World reporting some of TU staff is leaving today and more Sunday recruiting. Reading the tea leaves Bill may be staying. Gurr!

I think it's mostly state school fans too.

Ask any old OU or OSU fan off the street and the default will be keep Bill.

The answer would of course be different regarding their own team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by okie51:

Tulsa World reporting some of TU staff is leaving today and more Sunday recruiting. Reading the tea leaves Bill may be staying. Gurr!
If you're referring to the Kelly Hines article, she is just quoting BB's comments from last night. There doesn't appear to be anything new out there today. BB still needs to have his year-end visit with Gragg. After that visit, we should know something. I'll be very surprised if he's back.

Don't read too much into it as it happens all the time and staffs will continue to do their jobs until they're told they don't have jobs. Even after the inevitable firing of BB, the remainder of the staff will continue to recruit and solidify commitments until a new HC is named and the assistants are told they won't be retained. That said, it would not surprise me that when BB is notified his services are no longer needed, that Josh and Adam turned in resignations as well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT