ADVERTISEMENT

Konkol gets a pass, but…

So, we can agree that Konkol inherited a team that would even be considered a rebuilding year for the Washington Generals... The Generals were like 6 - 16,000 against the Globetrotters over the years!!!

Reactions: drboobay
So, we can agree that Konkol inherited a team that would even be considered a rebuilding year for the Washington Generals... The Generals were like 6 - 16,000 against the Globetrotters over the years!!!
I don’t think they’re that bad. This team could / should have won a couple more games than it did.

I don’t think they’re that bad. This team could / should have won a couple more games than it did.
Boo Hoo. A couple more games. I've watched mostly every single game, and our players as a whole don't really know what it takes to win yet or close out a game. See Griffin's play at the end of Tulane where he stole a pass and just started running with it. Now, we got lucky to win that still but that's just an example.

Boo Hoo. A couple more games. I've watched mostly every single game, and our players as a whole don't really know what it takes to win yet or close out a game. See Griffin's play at the end of Tulane where he stole a pass and just started running with it. Now, we got lucky to win that still but that's just an example.
Who took a dump in your cereal this morning my friend?

We have few talented players on this team, and you are seeing the results of losing one of those talents. This is not a regression. Freshmen not included, we only have three or four players worth keeping, and we are playing with one of those missing. When three or four goes down to two or three, and one of them is the point guard(quarterback)...
A fair and accurate assessment...

This team reminds me of the old story about the farmer that had 10 little pigs in a
burlap bag with holes in it....Every time a pig got out, the farmer would put it back
in....But, every time he was putting one back in, two more got out....It seems there
are more problems than there are possible solutions...

To be coachable at this level a player must be at or near D-1 potential in both skill
set and physical ability....If not, he or she will simply not get there...Either as a player
or as a team.....I'm afraid that is where we are right now.....

I hope there is some tough love behind the scenes despite the public cheeriness. You don't have to be a jerk about it but you cannot get much worse than 40 point losses. Unless you leave it all on the floor you can take a rest. And run extra sprints every day at prectice.

I think if you get the video of the first game of the year against Oregon State and watch the first half you can see what effort and confidence would have gotten us. This team was so fragile after Haith that the second half collapse essentially broke all sense of pre-season confidence so much needed with a new team. Some kids can regain it and maybe the coaching staff could have been better in re-establishing it but it just broke then and there.

Reactions: mcane and t-townpod
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT