ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Obanor

He’ll be a super hot commodity. Wish we could have him. I loved all of the ORU fans blustering about how neither of their stars would be leaving.

He’ll be a super hot commodity. Wish we could have him. I loved all of the ORU fans blustering about how neither of their stars would be leaving.
One of the issues with Obanor is going to be his lack of athleticism and defense on the block. He's a great scorer but he is a little like Martins Igbanu defensively. He can't really get off the ground down low. He's also not a great rebounder for his size and I'd suspect that he's not got good enough handles to play a true 2 or 3. He's a 4 in most aspects but his defense is where he'll struggle against a higher level of competition. Texas Tech might actually be a good landing spot for him right now.

And it seems that Abmas' draft stock is really rising quickly. I've seen 2 projections of him late in the first round/early 2nd round. I doubt he WDs from the draft with those types of porjections.

18 ppg
46% from 3
88% from the the FT line
9.6 rebounds a game

I’ll take him.
Of course we'd take him if we had an open scholarship. I'm just saying he's limited. And it's hard to compare his effectiveness defensively/rebounding when he's playing 90% of his games against Summit competition. He can flat out score against anyone...he's proven that.

Of course we'd take him if we had an open scholarship. I'm just saying he's limited. And it's hard to compare his effectiveness defensively/rebounding when he's playing 90% of his games against Summit competition. He can flat out score against anyone...he's proven that.

Agree on the defensive end. However, he posted 11 rpg against Arkansas, Florida and Ohio State in the ncaa tourney. That’s impressive and consistent imo. I could make an argument that he would be our best rebounder should he join our roster this season. We didn’t have anyone get close to his numbers.

Since when do we not have an open scholarship?

Just kick Haywood to the curb. He did not perform well enough to have his scholarship renewed.

Word downtown is that he’s heading to Arkansas. If you can’t beat them, join them.

Obanor going to the transfer portal is a strong indicator of Abmas going in the NBA draft. ORU was a 2 man team.

Obanor's is from Houston. Maybe he will end up playing for Sampson at cougar high!

He looked pretty darn good against Fla, Ohio st and Ark. I think Tulsa would find a spot for him:) Pretty quickly actually. He would do just fine in the AAC.

Abmas is coming back.
Good for ORU but it may end up being a mistake for him. I don’t think he’ll get the kind of publicity this coming year that he got during the NCAA tourney run. Look what happened to the OSU RB, he was a draft darling then returned to play last year and the shine was off pretty quickly.

Reactions: TU 1978
Great idea!! Haywood needs to give up his scholarship to a player that can contribute!!

Reactions: dlsnid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT