ADVERTISEMENT

Kettlebell Workouts

barrister1602

I.T.S. Head Coach
Jan 24, 2007
Anybody else doing this? Just got back from the class and I'm freakin dying. Makes P90X seem like pleasant stroll.

What type of workouts do you do, Barrister? I've done P90X before but got bored with it after a while and wanted to try something new. I would imagine that the kettlebell is a great all around workout.

I've done a few kettlebell workouts before. It's pretty good stuff. I've never done the P90X, but only b/c every ESPN employee who has done it now looks like they haven't eaten in months.

For me personally, Kettlebell is much harder than P90X. But it is also probably has something to do with the instructer. This Spawn of Satan is not satisfied till we are all nearly puking.

I started a Kettlebell regimen two weeks ago. I'm just doing it at home for 30 minutes at a pop, because that's all I have time for. I did it the first time just for grins with my wife's 7-pound kettlebell. She had never used it. Two days later, I was walking like an old man because of my quads being on fire.

So last week, I went and bought myself a 15-pound GoFit countour kettlebell. I would highly recommend them. They come with a 30-minute bodyshred Bob Harper workout. Bob is very good about showing you proper form and positioning before each "move". He has two 50-minute DVDs that have very good reviews. I'll probably get them in the future.

The GoFit Countour bells don't bang against your arms when doing presses, etc. And the grip feels good in your hand. I know you can get them in 7, 10, 15, 20, 25, 35 and 45 pound bells.

Where I work out (Tulsa Fitness Systems.....shameless plug) he uses kettlebells in about 85-90% of our circuits. He also has started doin more with the heavier resistance bands and his TRX machine. I course, there are always TW stupid ropes.....

Anyway, I love using the kettlebells and bands. I have a bet with him that I can't single arm pull the 60lb kettlebell he has by the end of the month.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT