ADVERTISEMENT

Kanye West for President?

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Is this for real? ..... excerpt from MSN about West's interview with Forbes magazine...

West discussed his announcement that he plans to run for president and strenuously denied it was a publicity stunt to promote his upcoming album, explaining: “I give my album away for free.”

In his first comments fleshing out his political ambitions, West said that he’s running under the banner of the Birthday Party, “because when we win, it’s everybody’s birthday.” His campaign slogan will, according to the magazine, simply be “YES!,” his running mate will be an obscure preacher called Michelle Tidball, and West claims that he is currently receiving campaign advice from Elon Musk.

“Like anything I’ve ever done in my life... I’m doing to win,” he said, according to Forbes. West said he doesn’t mind if he takes Black votes away the Democratic nominee and actually helps Trump, saying: “I’m not denying it, I just told you. To say that the Black vote is Democratic is a form of racism and white supremacy.”

In fact, West appears happier to take digs at Joe Biden than Trump. The rapper said: “I’m not saying Trump’s in my way, he may be a part of my way. And Joe Biden? Like come on man, please. You know? Obama’s special. Trump’s special. We say Kanye West is special. America needs special people that lead. Bill Clinton? Special. Joe Biden’s not special.”

It’s not clear exactly what type of president West would be. Asked about his foreign policy, he admitted: “I haven’t developed it yet.” Asked further about any of his policies, he responded: “I don’t know if I would use the word policy for the way I would approach things. I don’t have a policy when I went to Nike and designed Yeezy and went to Louis and designed a Louis Vuitton at the same time.”

The clearest vision he offered was based on the movie Black Panther: “A lot of Africans do not like the movie and representation of themselves in… Wakanda,” he said. “But I’m gonna use the framework of Wakanda right now because it’s the best explanation of what our design group is going to feel like in the White House”

West appears to accept that he may not win this year, saying: “Let’s see if the appointing is at 2020 or if it’s 2024—because God appoints the president. If I win in 2020 then it was God’s appointment. If I win in 2024 then that was God’s appointment.”

Sad to see Kanye like this. The dude is seriously off his meds. I really enjoyed his music as he was coming up, but he's progressively gone off the deep end as he's gotten older and his music has gotten significantly worse.

Last edited:
BTW... this is apparently from one of the interviews he did today on his "candidacy" and the covid problem

“It’s so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralyzed,” he claimed. “So when they say the way we’re going to fix Covid is with a vaccine, I’m extremely cautious. That’s the mark of the beast. They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven.”

He's Coo Coo for CoCo Puffs.

Reactions: TU_BLA and Gold*
Like Jay Z would be a vp....

I hope kanye is serious.. i'd like to see Biden call his supporters "not black"...
I would just call his supporters completely and utterly delusional. The guy thinks a vaccine for covid is going to be the mark of the devil. He's insane

Reactions: Clong83a
I would just call his supporters completely and utterly delusional. The guy thinks a vaccine for covid is going to be the mark of the devil. He's insane
Except he has an avenue of acceptance for his views on the vaccine. Consider African Americans mistrust from being experimented on in the past.

Except he has an avenue of acceptance for his views on the vaccine. Consider African Americans mistrust from being experimented on in the past.
But it's not just African Americans that would be given a vaccine. It's just dumb.

BTW... this is apparently from one of the interviews he did today on his "candidacy" and the covid problem

“It’s so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralyzed,” he claimed. “So when they say the way we’re going to fix Covid is with a vaccine, I’m extremely cautious. That’s the mark of the beast. They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven.”

He's Coo Coo for CoCo Puffs.
Pretending like Agenda 21 doesn’t exist? When you live in a bubble you can’t see other people’s views. There is a huge portion of the US and world population who are anti vaccine. I don’t agree with 95% of your views but that doesn’t mean I should label you crazy or shouldn’t listen and research what you say to improve my understanding of this world. Kanye may seem crazy to you but I challenge you to research what Kanye knows very well about secret societies believe about the human soul, Saturn, saturns Rings, the symbolism of humans wearing a ring, the Hex or the Star of David, and the Nephilim. Walk a day in someone else’s shoes and you may come away with a new perspective.

Pretending like Agenda 21 doesn’t exist? When you live in a bubble you can’t see other people’s views. There is a huge portion of the US and world population who are anti vaccine. I don’t agree with 95% of your views but that doesn’t mean I should label you crazy or shouldn’t listen and research what you say to improve my understanding of this world. Kanye may seem crazy to you but I challenge you to research what Kanye knows very well about secret societies believe about the human soul, Saturn, saturns Rings, the symbolism of humans wearing a ring, the Hex or the Star of David, and the Nephilim. Walk a day in someone else’s shoes and you may come away with a new perspective.
Coo Coo for Coco Puffs. We can get you help Kanye. You just need to let us help you.

I'm guessing your idea of huge is different than mine. Recent stats show that the anti vaccine movement is around 11% in the US. And that's only been recent, that it's been that high. Amazing that even that # of people believe that way. I guess certain small groups can be easily convinced when there's only a couple of three diseases around any more that affect large #'s of people.(and that's mostly in the third world)

Europe has dropped from 95% vaccination in 1995, to as low as 79% in Europe in 2003, from laziness, lack of worry, and a small anti vaccination group. Low and behold we have had several outbreaks of diseases that haven't been seen in several decades. Most of the people who fall into the anti vaccine group are not scientists, and pick and choose bits and pieces that they don't really comprehend. They warp it to mean what they want it to mean, despite that it can easily be proven otherwise. They really don't want to hear proof otherwise though. Thus they innoculate themselves from believing anything other than what they believe. And this is the kind of thing you want us to walk a day in their(his) shoes, such that we might be convinced?

Growing mistrust of the current system seems to be a common theme found all over the world! My wife works for the German version of the US Food and Drug Administration. She reviews the compiled data from medications and her office determines what warnings go on the back of meditations. Based on the info she has shared with me, we absolutely do not give our children certain medication and some vaccinations. Additionally, the medications and vaccinations produced by the major pharmaceutical companies like Bayer and Merck are not sold equally. The products from those companies given to the German population is in some cases significantly different. I was definitely ignorant about vaccinations and medication in general before I got married!

Growing mistrust of the current system seems to be a common theme found all over the world! My wife works for the German version of the US Food and Drug Administration. She reviews the compiled data from medications and her office determines what warnings go on the back of meditations. Based on the info she has shared with me, we absolutely do not give our children certain medication and some vaccinations. Additionally, the medications and vaccinations produced by the major pharmaceutical companies like Bayer and Merck are not sold equally. The products from those companies given to the German population is in some cases significantly different. I was definitely ignorant about vaccinations and medication in general before I got married!
The problem is that this growing mistrust is based on a lot of false beliefs. 80% of it is not warranted. There is a small group of things that are warranted, and those things provide the granules for that mistrust to grow to levels that tear at the boundaries of a civil society. It has lent to a society that often does not listen to the more educated among their society. That is the folly that has led to things like the election of Trump, Bolsonaro, Duterte, Erdogan, etc.

We are left ill prepared to deal with things like the Corona Virus, at cause of this. It is always good to question things, except when you do not listen to those who are more equipped to analyze the answers to those questions for guidance. When those of lesser intelligence don't listen to/trust those of higher intelligence society takes the downturn that it has taken. You can see that, by the mistrust of our medical doctors on matters related to the virus. Trump's poorly appointed members of his staff make that matter even harder to deal with. Trump falls squarely into that category of people, only he is also a sociopath, who listens to the advice of no one. If you disagree with him you will be out of your position with great speed.

I just wish we would see that and make a course correction that is not a correction too far left. We only have one choice on our course correction.(Biden) I just hope that one, we take it, and two, that he does not listen to those that would steer him too far left. That would be just as bad as our present choice. Far right turns that lead to Far Left turns, lead to even wider turns in the immediate future.

I don't think any vaccine in the US has ever killed 200K people, so.... I would say almost any vaccine that has a lower complication rate than the actual virus would be an improvement

I don't think any vaccine in the US has ever killed 200K people, so.... I would say almost any vaccine that has a lower complication rate than the actual virus would be an improvement
So there were more complications with vaccines before they were able to figure out a way to develop them as denatured strands so they could not replicate (aka, they can't infect you). The first vaccines such as smallpox were nothing more than taking the boils and using the pus from them and inserting it under the skin of non-infected individuals The hope was there were more anitbodies in the boils than there was live virus and the healthy person's immune system would be triggered to produce even more. You want to be against that type of vaccination, by all means. There was a significant risk to it. Today's vaccines are actually extremely safe and the rate of complication is really quite low.

But it's not just African Americans that would be given a vaccine. It's just dumb.

Stitt would vote for Kanye based on the anti-vaxxer stance
I was only mentioning the African American contingent of voters related to whether he would get on the 2020 ballot. He would not win the 2020 election, he would just take African American votes away from Biden.

The problem is that this growing mistrust is based on a lot of false beliefs. 80% of it is not warranted. There is a small group of things that are warranted, and those things provide the granules for that mistrust to grow to levels that tear at the boundaries of a civil society. It has lent to a society that often does not listen to the more educated among their society. That is the folly that has led to things like the election of Trump, Bolsonaro, Duterte, Erdogan, etc.

We are left ill prepared to deal with things like the Corona Virus, at cause of this. It is always good to question things, except when you do not listen to those who are more equipped to analyze the answers to those questions for guidance. When those of lesser intelligence don't listen to/trust those of higher intelligence society takes the downturn that it has taken. You can see that, by the mistrust of our medical doctors on matters related to the virus. Trump's poorly appointed members of his staff make that matter even harder to deal with. Trump falls squarely into that category of people, only he is also a sociopath, who listens to the advice of no one. If you disagree with him you will be out of your position with great speed.

I just wish we would see that and make a course correction that is not a correction too far left. We only have one choice on our course correction.(Biden) I just hope that one, we take it, and two, that he does not listen to those that would steer him too far left. That would be just as bad as our present choice. Far right turns that lead to Far Left turns, lead to even wider turns in the immediate future.
^This times a million. Qualified experts exist for a reason, and while they have been wrong before and will be wrong again in the future, their good faith opinions on areas of their own expertise are worth far far more than, say, Jenny McCarthy’s.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I was only mentioning the African American contingent of voters related to whether he would get on the 2020 ballot. He would not win the 2020 election, he would just take African American votes away from Biden.
I would be very, very, very surprised if it wasn't Trump's camp that asked him to do this.

I would have agreed with nearly all of this a few months ago but nothing could make me more cynical than what I've seen over the past couple months from our trusted experts. We went from "You can't be with your mother while she dies or have a funeral for her. Stopping the spread is too important. Don't be so effing selfish" to "Do what ever you want as long as we think the cause is good" almost instantly. This point in particular really enrages me personally because I have a family member in NY that couldn't be with her mother when she died. People were asked (forced) to make almost inhumane sacrifices while others were allowed to do what they wanted.

This is not something I'm going to forget when I process messaging from experts in the future and I'm not the only one.

But also, for the love of God, everyone should vaccinate their kids

I would have agreed with nearly all of this a few months ago but nothing could make me more cynical than what I've seen over the past couple months from our trusted experts. We went from "You can't be with your mother while she dies or have a funeral for her. Stopping the spread is too important. Don't be so effing selfish" to "Do what ever you want as long as we think the cause is good" almost instantly. This point in particular really enrages me personally because I have a family member in NY that couldn't be with her mother when she died. People were asked (forced) to make almost inhumane sacrifices while others were allowed to do what they wanted.

This is not something I'm going to forget when I process messaging from experts in the future and I'm not the only one.

Where are you allowed to visit dying relatives in the hospital right now? Serious question because you certainly are not allowed in the hospital right now around here. I think that remains something that all experts emphasize. Now I can’t speak to it’s even implementation across the country, but that is another matter entirely....

Same with funerals. You can have one, I guess, but no more than 5 people could attend in NM as far as I am aware. Again, I think all experts agree getting a whole bunch of people together in the same room is a bad idea.

Where are you allowed to visit dying relatives in the hospital right now? Serious question because you certainly are not allowed in the hospital right now around here. I think that remains something that all experts emphasize. Now I can’t speak to it’s even implementation across the country, but that is another matter entirely....

Same with funerals. You can have one, I guess, but no more than 5 people could attend in NM as far as I am aware. Again, I think all experts agree getting a whole bunch of people together in the same room is a bad idea.

This is my point. They all agree with forcing this sacrifice on one group of people and then have remained silent, or worse endorsed and joined in, during much larger and more dangerous gatherings because it was politically popular. This does a lot of damage to public trust and they should know better.

Reactions: maverickfp
This is my point. They all agree with forcing this sacrifice on one group of people and then have remained silent, or worse endorsed and joined in, during much larger and more dangerous gatherings because it was politically popular. This does a lot of damage to public trust and they should know better.
I’m still a bit confused. Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to diminish your obvious anger on this point, but what large gatherings have any experts blessed? BLM? The Trump rally? I’ve heard politicians and pundits justify it, but not ever heard any public health experts saying that these things are safe and A-okay.

As for their silence, you have a point. But just remember that those same politicians and pundits more or less control access to the media. As others have said on here, Dr. Dart is doing his best in Tulsa to continue advocating to all these things, only to be ignored by the mayor and downplayed. Is that his fault?

I’m still a bit confused. Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to diminish your obvious anger on this point, but what large gatherings have any experts blessed? BLM? The Trump rally? I’ve heard politicians and pundits justify it, but not ever heard any public health experts saying that these things are safe and A-okay.

As for their silence, you have a point. But just remember that those same politicians and pundits more or less control access to the media. As others have said on here, Dr. Dart is doing his best in Tulsa to continue advocating to all these things, only to be ignored by the mayor and downplayed. Is that his fault?

This NYT piece points out a couple examples and I think it does a decent job of grappling with how this may look to people who have made significant sacrifices.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/Epidemiologists-coronavirus-protests-quarantine.html

This NYT piece points out a couple examples and I think it does a decent job of grappling with how this may look to people who have made significant sacrifices.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/Epidemiologists-coronavirus-protests-quarantine.html
Interesting read. Thanks for that.

I'll understand your anger in those terms and share it. Scientists and experts are people too, and obviously some of the ones in this article are self-admittedly struggling with resolving their personal feelings with best public policy in regards to the BLM protests. If I had lost someone dear and were unable to say goodbye, I would be upset about that as well.

To me, every single picture I see of either BLM protests, stupid college parties, or anti-lockdown mask-burning protests make my blood boil. Every single one of those people is flaunting and denigrating the sacrifices that so many have made the last three months to try and limit the spread and keep this contained so we can get back to some semblance of normal. I take it as a personal affront since my wife works in the ICU and I have hardly left the house since March while the virus spreads in part because of all of these activities, regardless of how pure and good the cause might be. I would feel even angrier if I had lost a loved one. There's a lot of sacrifice going on, and a lot of stupid people working to undermine it.

I think I reserve my highest anger for the political hack jobs that go on the news and encourage it from all sides. The public health experts that are only giving half-hearted warnings are lower on the list. But I understand where you are coming from, especially in regards to the ones (unbeknownst to me) that actually encouraged the protests.

I know for a fact there are other(s) on this board who have had to face those same situations. I am faced with that right now. My parents died in a house fire in February. Even in Oklahoma, with some looser restrictions, the church I am having the services at only will allow 50 people starting July 1. I already had to wait from late February to July 1 to have the services. I am not going to wait that long, and cut her funeral attendance down to 1/3 or a 1/4 of the people who want to be there. I could have went to another venue. But my mother wouldn't have been happy that I had to do it that way, and that upset wouldn't have just been put upon the church/state institution. There are several, and I do mean several people whose health are compromised that wouldn't have been there, based on protecting themselves. I'm guessing 20% of the possible attendants would not be there. And among those missing attendants, a large percentage would have been extremely important to me and my parents wishes.

I am going to hope that we can have it in October, but am now not sure that will even happen. I thought I might catch the calm before the storm during that September-Early November period before the second wave hit. If it doesn't happen in October, I will probably cancel it altogether. I don't like this, for certain. But it is not such that it causes me to get angry at the 'experts'. They make mistakes, but their mistakes are lesser than the non experts mistakes would be, as evidenced by all the people who are refusing to wear masks, etc.

Now if it had not been a house fire, and I couldn't go see my mother or father in the hospital, it might have been different for me. I can't answer how I would have been in that situation, until I was faced with it. I do think it would have been good to let the general (you) come into the hospital very well protected, for instance in a hasmat suit. But that would have led to shortages, for instance, in hasmat suits. It is a situation that will not leave everybody content with the way it happened. That is what keeps me from getting extremely upset. I figure I am not going to be part of a large swath who is angry. Why add grief to a hard situation.

Last edited:
I can't imagine any more of a perfect storm on this. Trump in office for several years, the Corona Virus hitting, anger/dissent over virus, and then the timing of George Floyd.
It's almost like you should elect people that can be expected to deal with actual geopolitical crises in addition to domestic issues and the economy simultaneously when you vote for a president.

Well there were well over 2000 people in attendance of TPD Officer Johnson's funeral service at Victory Christian today. I didn't see many masks in the one photo I saw. It sucks I know...and people need to be able to grieve and mourn with friends and family, and I understand the public wanting to pay their respects to a fallen officer...it's just not very smart right now.

Well there were well over 2000 people in attendance of TPD Officer Johnson's funeral service at Victory Christian today. I didn't see many masks in the one photo I saw. It sucks I know...and people need to be able to grieve and mourn with friends and family, and I understand the public wanting to pay their respects to a fallen officer...it's just not very smart right now.

Yah... i couldnt believe that the crowd burned down that dunkin donuts..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT