ADVERTISEMENT

Jeriah Horne returns

I really say we will get more good transfers. So many players able to transfer and play immediately because of the covid rule. 90 percent of the team entered the portal. This could be great for us!

I’m so excited for Jeriah to come back. He is the type of shooter that we desperately needed last year. His post moves are great and I really missed seeing his spin move last year. Glad to have Jeriah back and he’ll certainly be a great contributor

Reactions: dmarsh1985
Welcome back! Great to get a call up from the minor leagues to the big leagues.

I really say we will get more good transfers. So many players able to transfer and play immediately because of the covid rule. 90 percent of the team entered the portal. This could be great for us!
I suppose I’m clueless . Never understood why Jeriah left in the first place, now he’s coming back
a second time. I just don’t get the logic behind this paradigm. I did notice that in crunch time for
Colorado in the tournament that Horne wasn’t on the floor. We still need a dynamic outside
shooter and someone with confidence in the post .

Reactions: quincy101
I spoke to Horne early March, 2020 before the Covigd shutdown, while attending the Golden Hurricane Club 2020 signing day event.
He was easy to talk too and seemed mature. We discussed KC, as we're both from KC.
I was surprised a few weeks later when he transferred out.

I mean, everyone else gets transfers as well. It might make us better, but there are other teams that might get a lot better too. You have to think this is really going to hurt some of the mid-majors a lot.

I think we still need a forward. I'd also be surprised if we don't need a couple more scholarships filled by the time the season rolls around.

Can we please get a rebounder and a rim protector.....Please........No more other types............

Reactions: seniorgolfer
Can we please get a rebounder and a rim protector.....Please........No
more other types............
If Rachal was to come back, that would (or would not?) increase our
scholarship limit?? I don't really think he will....But just askin'.....If it
wouldn't I would rather have I.I.s rebounder/rim protector with the
last scholarship.....

What we really need is SPEED and good shooting. Think Reed and Swanson. Think the point guard at ORU. Speed kills, period.
it disrupts the other teams offense and defense. Give me a couple of really quick guards that can shoot over any lumbering “rim protector”.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Houston's Gorham is the perfect player for us. The nations best offensive rebounder, great shot blocker, and adequate offensively. His clone would make my day here at TU.

Reactions: drboobay
What we really need is SPEED and good shooting. Think Reed and Swanson. Think the point guard at ORU. Speed kills, period.
it disrupts the other teams offense and defense. Give me a couple of really quick guards that can shoot over any lumbering “rim protector”.
You also have to have a banger to go with him. Obanor is really the key to that team. His ability to shoot of of pick and pops makes Abmas deadly. It’s a pick your poison situation. If you play up on Abmas and switch the high screen he’ll drive by you. If you sag off him to defend the drive he’ll shoot it from deep. If you help on Abmas and double him then you’ll get killed by the Obanor’s pop.
You need the speed and shooting of the guard, but you also need a big who can rebound and shoot as well as someone who can protect the rim. ORU had some decent big men who banged against the kids from Florida, OSU, and Arky.

Obanor averaged almost 20+10 this season. We don’t have anyone who can do anything similar to that.

Last edited:
i thought the Horne commitment was an april's fool thing!

Joiner went to Iona.
Rachal is gone.

Horne is back, Jackson stayed. Looking at the tea leaves I have a suspicion. Rachal and Joiner do not fit the normal Haith player profile. For better or worse Haith tends to recruit unemotional players, not that they don't care but the prototypical player for Haith is KES, Haywood, Jackson, Taplin, Jeffries, etc they don't display a lot of passion outwardly. They are not what you would think of as fiery players.

Haith recruits community center players, not playground ones. I'm not here to say one is better than the other, but they come with different dynamics. Did that difference in player types lead to some tough dynamics when we struggled? Is this why we see Horne comfortable with a return along with his tourney itch being scratched?

Beyond those particulars how will the change in leadership styles (Horne and Jackson) affect our play?

Joiner went to Iona.
Rachal is gone.

Horne is back, Jackson stayed. Looking at the tea leaves I have a suspicion. Rachal and Joiner do not fit the normal Haith player profile. For better or worse Haith tends to recruit unemotional players, not that they don't care but the prototypical player for Haith is KES, Haywood, Jackson, Taplin, Jeffries, etc they don't display a lot of passion outwardly. They are not what you would think of as fiery players.

Haith recruits community center players, not playground ones. I'm not here to say one is better than the other, but they come with different dynamics. Did that difference in player types lead to some tough dynamics when we struggled? Is this why we see Horne comfortable with a return along with his tourney itch being scratched?

Beyond those particulars how will the change in leadership styles (Horne and Jackson) affect our play?
Need to send “Stoneface” Haywood packing....needless turnovers and a horrendous shooter.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT