ADVERTISEMENT

January 6 .. What happened

jan 6 gave the dems another reason to use taxpayer money for a political purpise, to try to find dirt on dt. so far they have no real evidence to connect the dots.

meanwhile the ignore real evidence exposing Hunter Biden wiyh berizma, hrc and uraniam one, hrc and bendazi, joe threatining a ukraine investigation, all the major players in the Mueller investigation, hrc missing emails, hrc distroying evidence, and many violations of the constitutions by the left on illegal imigration.

Creative defense…I am an idiot because I‘m from New Jersey….

Jan. 6 rioter convicted after telling jurors he’s an ‘idiot’ who didn’t know Congress met at Capitol. Posts photos of self as Hitler look alike.

Last edited:
Creative defense…I am an idiot because I‘m from New Jersey….

Jan. 6 rioter convicted after telling jurors he’s an ‘idiot’ who didn’t know Congress met at Capitol

what is the penalty for jury intimidation?

who is paying for this political theater?

at the end. " i am ( joe biden, nancy pelosi, chuck shummer,...; pick one), and I aprove this political ad.

Last edited:
What the Dems should be having their prime time political theater about. At least it would show they care about the hard times millions and millions are currently struggling through.

What the Dems should be having their prime time political theater about. At least it would show they care about the hard times millions and millions are currently struggling through.

No. No matter how tough things get economically, you won't be allowed to get away scot free with trying to make tyranny mainstream. Had the Republicans in congress had enough moral fortitude to actually investigate their chosen one and his cronies, then this wouldn't have been necessary. But, most Republicans have no true moral compass so they conducted a rushed, sham investigation so they could let their guy off.

The economy is important. So is how we handle Russia. So is how we handle a bunch of traitorous seditionists and their leader who's still out there selling his lies. And if you think that Trump could have prevented this economic situation by doing anything but allowing Putin to run over Ukraine, you're wrong.

We are paying a price for resisting despotism at home and abroad. It is a high price, but it is worth it.

Last edited:
most Republicans have no true moral compass
I hope you are talking about Republican politicians, because if you aren't, then that is a broad generalization that isn't true. Your superiority complex is getting a little bit heavy in the room, if you aren't referring to politicians. And Democratic politicians aren't any better.

Reactions: noble cane
pelosi did not refuse any republicans; she just imposed rules and restrictions that reduced their role to that of a puppet for her, so they turned her down.

can you say Kangaroo Court, no cross examine, political theater, third world purcecution, facsism,

[QUOTE="astonmartin708, post: . And if you think that Trump could have prevented this economic situation by doing anything but allowing Putin to run over Ukraine, you're wrong.

[/QUOTE]
we were energy independent untill biden turned off the tap. thus lower gas prices. less gov handout so not somuch woker shortages thus fuller shelves and more paychecks

[QUOTE="astonmartin708, post: . And if you think that Trump could have prevented this economic situation by doing anything but allowing Putin to run over Ukraine, you're wrong.
we were energy independent untill biden turned off the tap. thus lower gas prices. less gov handout so not somuch woker shortages thus fuller shelves and more paychecks
[/QUOTE]
Fantasy Land open 24/7.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
No. No matter how tough things get economically, you won't be allowed to get away scot free with trying to make tyranny mainstream. Had the Republicans in congress had enough moral fortitude to actually investigate their chosen one and his cronies, then this wouldn't have been necessary. But, most Republicans have no true moral compass so they conducted a rushed, sham investigation so they could let their guy off.

The economy is important. So is how we handle Russia. So is how we handle a bunch of traitorous seditionists and their leader who's still out there selling his lies. And if you think that Trump could have prevented this economic situation by doing anything but allowing Putin to run over Ukraine, you're wrong.

We are paying a price for resisting despotism at home and abroad. It is a high price, but it is worth it.
This made for tv show has zero to do with putting the people responsible in jail. That task is placed with our legal system and those actors are either in jail or going to jail. This is all political theater with no legal rules or effect. Hell…:the Dems hired a tv producer from ABC to put this show on TV.

With consumer sentiment at an all-time low this is what the Dems choose to air to the America. Public. Hearings designed to foster confidence in our ability to handle these extraordinary economic times would be far more important. Might even aid in preventing a recession if we can restore some faith in our government’s ability to handle this crisis. Restoring consumer confidence is imperative. Crickets thus far.

Last edited:
This made for tv show has zero to do with putting the people responsible in jail. That task is placed with our legal system and those actors are either in jail or going to jail. This is all political theater with no legal rules or effect. Hell…:the Dems hired a tv producer from ABC to put this show on TV.

With consumer sentiment at an all-time low this is what the Dems choose to air to the America. Public. Hearings designed to foster confidence in our ability to handle these extraordinary economic times would be far more important. Might even aid in preventing a recession if we can restore some faith in our government’s ability to handle this crisis. Restoring consumer confidence is imperative. Crickets thus far.
You don't get to forget that your party tried to use an insurrection to overthrow our Republic for no good reason. I don't care how bad the economy gets. Heck. I hope they have a TV Producer put on a public hearing every year on January 6th.

I had to listen to Republicans whine about 9/11 for a decade straight. Then they got to whine about a middling GDP for another decade. This, much like Nixon and watergate, is something that will never, ever be forgiven or forgotten. Consumer Sentiment be damned.

I hope you are talking about Republican politicians, because if you aren't, then that is a broad generalization that isn't true. Your superiority complex is getting a little bit heavy in the room, if you aren't referring to politicians. And Democratic politicians aren't any better.
Based on the people they vote for, I don't think the generalization is that far off. Mind you I'm not talking about folks that are independent who lean conservative. I'm talking about card carrying folks who won't vote for anyone who doesn't have a good NRA rating. I'm not saying they don't feign to have morals. But based upon the values they profess and the moral shortcomings of the individuals they tend to vote for, I don't see how anyone could argue they actually have any moral compass.

I fundamentally think that's a lie regarding the left. They're weak, but at least they have empathy for what's happening in the world and at home.

Last edited:
You don't get to forget that your party tried to use an insurrection to overthrow our Republic for no good reason. I don't care how bad the economy gets. Heck. I hope they have a TV Producer put on a public hearing every year on January 6th.

I had to listen to Republicans whine about 9/11 for a decade straight. Then they got to whine about a middling GDP for another decade. This, much like Nixon and watergate, is something that will never, ever be forgiven or forgotten. Consumer Sentiment be damned.
This thinking is the reason the Dems will be the minority party come November. Have fun

Last edited:

Hearings designed to foster economic confidence would seem more manufactured than Jan 6 hearings.
shrug%28ye%29.png

Hearings designed to foster economic confidence would seem more manufactured than Jan 6 hearings.
shrug%28ye%29.png
Possibly. I was thinking more along the lines of presenting a plan to combat the current crisis with experts including private sector leaders discussing how we are going to turn this situation around. The continued blame game re Putin, Covid, etc… has only further eroded economic confidence in the country. We need to hear solutions. A recession is ahead if we continue down this path.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Possibly. I was thinking more along the lines of presenting a plan to combat the current crisis with experts including private sector leaders discussing how we are going to turn this situation around. The continued blame game re Putin, Covid, etc… has only further eroded economic confidence in the country. We need to hear solutions. A recession is ahead if we continue down this path.
Maybe you should have used a different word/forum than hearing. That would be something more akin to a presidential address with guest speakers, than a hearing.

Reactions: lawpoke87
I believe it was just beginning to be released by Jan 20, 2021. It started a little earlier in the month.

Unless you are referring to when Biden was elected?
It was ready to go in August and was embargoed in the CDC, in part because of risk. Risk it would win the election for Trump, or worse it would kill a bunch of people, and Trump, who was leading in the polls, would tank.

Everybody in the Nixon administration, except Nixon, was back in power 6 years later due to inflation.

Reactions: noble cane

It’s worse than that. There’s dozens of people being held without bail awaiting trial. Most are guilty of misdemeanors and need to be punished. A few are likely guilty of serious felonies and hopefully will be punished appropriately.

They all deserve a fair trial.

This made for TV stunt by one constitutional branch, where witnesses aren’t cross examined and panel members are all unanimous in their point of view, is tainting a jury pool. Congressional leadership knows that and disregarded those concerns.

A man with a gun confessed to attempting to murder a Supreme Court justice after being arrested steps away from beginning the crime. He did it in part, according to his own words, because Chuck Schumer invited him to do so. Our President refuses to condemn either.

Meanwhile other Senators give speeches on the floor of the Senate which should have been out of order claiming that the US Supreme Court is illegitimate and has no legal authority simply because he disagrees with their past and perhaps one future decision.

Our institutions are under attack from many sides and in many forms.

We are in a very dangerous place right now.

It’s worse than that. There’s dozens of people being held without bail awaiting trial. Most are guilty of misdemeanors and need to be punished. A few are likely guilty of serious felonies and hopefully will be punished appropriately.

They all deserve a fair trial.

This made for TV stunt by one constitutional branch, where witnesses aren’t cross examined and panel members are all unanimous in their point of view, is tainting a jury pool. Congressional leadership knows that and disregarded those concerns.

A man with a gun confessed to attempting to murder a Supreme Court justice after being arrested steps away from beginning the crime. He did it in part, according to his own words, because Chuck Schumer invited him to do so. Our President refuses to condemn either.

Meanwhile other Senators give speeches on the floor of the Senate which should have been out of order claiming that the US Supreme Court is illegitimate and has no legal authority simply because he disagrees with their past and perhaps one future decision.

Our institutions are under attack from many sides and in many forms.

We are in a very dangerous place right now.
Where was that attitude during the impeachment of Trump when many of the same senators that helped instigate the event were effectively part of Trump's jury and also had the power to push the trial well before the investigators had significant enough time to investigate?

I don't recall you complaining about made for TV stunts then. You just seem to regurgitate whatever Hannity or Kevin McCarthy are saying on any given week.

amazing!!!
there is documented proof that HRC and the DNC used false doc in court to spy on DT, and they started the lie about Russian colusion but no congressional investgation.

DT questions the election results, and somehow thay is a BIG LIE,and an assault on our constitution

Where was that attitude during the impeachment of Trump when many of the same senators that helped instigate the event were effectively part of Trump's jury and also had the power to push the trial well before the investigators had significant enough time to investigate?

I don't recall you complaining about made for TV stunts then. You just seem to regurgitate whatever Hannity or Kevin McCarthy are saying on any given week.
I think if you scroll back you’ll see that I complained that the impeachment proceedings against Trump were flawed because Congress, at the behest of the Democratic leadership who wanted to act before the facts were in but before Trump left office, acted hastily and isn’t a criminal law enforcement agency. The House starts impeachment proceedings, not the Senate. I’m not sure what twisted rhetoric you’ve been reading if you think the Republicans tried to impeach Trump as fast as possible. The House Democratic managers drafted the articles. Republican input was not permitted.

For instance, one of the grounds upon which an article of impeachment was based was that a police officer was killed by blunt force trauma with a fire extinguisher. He in fact died the next day from natural causes and video of the incident confirms he was not in fact struck with the fire extinguisher at all. Yet, those “facts” remain a part of the Congressional, and historical, record.

Government is sometimes slow because it has to be right. When it’s not, the public’s trust in its institutions wavers. For an increasing number of people, it’s broken. Congress moving quickly for political purposes is doing more to hurt this country than help. Meanwhile key functions of the institution are ignored or mired in gridlock.

Bailiff, next.

I think if you scroll back you’ll see that I complained that the impeachment proceedings against Trump were flawed because Congress, at the behest of the Democratic leadership who wanted to act before the facts were in but before Trump left office, acted hastily and isn’t a criminal law enforcement agency. The House starts impeachment proceedings, not the Senate. I’m not sure what twisted rhetoric you’ve been reading if you think the Republicans tried to impeach Trump as fast as possible. The House Democratic managers drafted the articles. Republican input was not permitted.

For instance, one of the grounds upon which an article of impeachment was based was that a police officer was killed by blunt force trauma with a fire extinguisher. He in fact died the next day from natural causes and video of the incident confirms he was not in fact struck with the fire extinguisher at all. Yet, those “facts” remain a part of the Congressional, and historical, record.

Government is sometimes slow because it has to be right. When it’s not, the public’s trust in its institutions wavers. For an increasing number of people, it’s broken. Congress moving quickly for political purposes is doing more to hurt this country than help. Meanwhile key functions of the institution are ignored or mired in gridlock.

Bailiff, next.
So, no comment on the fact that many of the jurors in the trial of Trump were his cronies? Cool.

So, no comment on the fact that many of the jurors in the trial of Trump were his cronies? Cool.
Curious. Since the constitution requires the jurors on any impeachment trial be members of the Senate. Won’t there always be “cronies” of the person on trial regardless of political party? Simply the way the process is set up.

As we’ve discussed previously, the notion this proceeding is an actual trial is quite misleading. There are no judicial rules of evidence. Very little opportunity at times to impeach witnesses and testimony. Evidence has a very thin standard to be admitted…see cop killed by fired extinguisher. In short, it’s a flawed process for many many reasons. Would prefer to see a more legal proceeding with less political bias on both sides

Reactions: HuffyCane
Heartening to see so many senior Republicans stand up for principle and honesty at the House Committee presentation today.

Our economy is falling apart and this is your concern today?
Our country can survive a market downturn but won't survive a loss of faith in our elections. As they say, an attempted coup without consequences is just a dress rehearsal. So, yes, it's very heartening to see principled leaders stand up against efforts to destroy our democracy. People who don't get that should look at Venezuela or Russia..and how their economies are doing.

Reactions: TU 1978
This made to TV political theater has zero to do with punishing the bad guys. They have been punished or will be. No one is arguing they shouldn’t pay for their crimes. As I said last week, we should be trying to restore faith in our economy and the leaders whose task it is to fix the same. Instead….crickets.

Fantasy Land open 24/7.
[/QUOTE]
As Barr would say, that’s BS.
As for the hearings, plenty of interesting testimony and revelations of just how the grifter fleeced his MAGA suckers after the election was over and he knew it. It was always about fleecing the gullible until the scam played out.

As Barr would say, that’s BS. As for the hearings, plenty of interesting testimony and revelations of just how the grifter fleeced his MAGA suckers after the election was over and he knew it. It was always about fleecing the gullible until the scam played out.
I don't know for sure what happened with that quote since it's been a few days since I quoted it. I think I was quoting it to make a sarcastic point about aTUfan's delusions. But seeing as how aTUfan messes up his quoting, and doesn't know how to fix them, that came across as my words. When it was Aston, then aTUfan quoting him improperly.

Just in case you mistook it for my words,
none of those words were mine.

Curious. Since the constitution requires the jurors on any impeachment trial be members of the Senate. Won’t there always be “cronies” of the person on trial regardless of political party? Simply the way the process is set up.

As we’ve discussed previously, the notion this proceeding is an actual trial is quite misleading. There are no judicial rules of evidence. Very little opportunity at times to impeach witnesses and testimony. Evidence has a very thin standard to be admitted…see cop killed by fired extinguisher. In short, it’s a flawed process for many many reasons. Would prefer to see a more legal proceeding with less political bias on both sides
Even if they’re members of his party they don’t typically tend to be conspirators in the series of events that took place. How many Republican Senators in the Nixon trial were in on Watergate? How many people were in the room with Clinton during his deposition?

In this case there were more than a few members of Congress who helped the situation happen, and a few more who encouraged it.

Now, if you’re saying the Republican Party at large was responsible for the events then yes, maybe there is a problem with how the constitution sets out the proceedings.

None of the things you mention (evidence, witness examination, etc…) matter at all as long as the members of the jury are accomplices of the defendant in the crime he is standing trial for.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT