ADVERTISEMENT

It ain't TU ball, but you gotta give it up...

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
If it's actually college ball, then it's OU.

His star is rising.

Young put himself up there with Doncic, Antetokounmpo, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Lebron, etc. The best of the best.

Reactions: Gold*
Yeah, he’s a delight to watch. He’s an Oklahoma guy. We should all be proud. If I was OKC, I’d go full Ditka and trade all those draft picks plus Dort for him.

Yeah, he’s a delight to watch. He’s an Oklahoma guy. We should all be proud. If I was OKC, I’d go full Ditka and trade all those draft picks plus Dort for him.
Yeah, but he always seems to want to draft/trade when they are young, for his(future) stars. The only psuedo exception here is Gilgeous-Alexander. But he is really at the in between stage of (future) star. He just got picked up a little later than OKC got most of the others. Besides, a number of people think he will trade him sometime in the next few years.

But yeah, I agree with you. Throw all those draft picks in a pile, and pick up Young. Then build a team around him. That will get you in the finals a lot quicker than the snails pace you are working at. And you know there would be an immediate cult following in Oklahoma, if Young came back.

OKC is not trying to win a championship...OKC is in the business of making the owner(s) rich. OKC has all of these picks over the next few years and my guess is 90% play less than 2 seasons in OKC before getting traded somewhere else to avoid salary cap hits. OKCs window was when Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka were here together. Once Ibaka was traded the writing was on the wall that OKC really didn't have a true desire to win a championship.

I will say that Presti is a magician at ripping other teams off though. The Celtics sent Kemba Walker AND a 1st round pick to OKC for Al Horford. I like Horford but he's probably 2-3 years from the end of his career whereas Walker probably has 5-6 solid years left. Presti absolutely wins that deal and suckered Brad Stevens out of his 1st round pick this season.

OKC needs to be thought of more like they are the Sacramento Kings. The Kings had 3-4 seasons of being really good when they had Divac, Webber, and a few other star players but it was small period of time. Sacramento has neither the ad base or the fan base to keep that momentum flowing longterm. OKC is the same way. And OKC had Westbrook, a true superstar who wanted to stay here but OKC knew it was unfair to him to keep trying to keep him here and not wanting to spend money on any other pieces. Hell, OKC almost screwed the pooch last year being too good and making the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Chris Paul had one of his best seasons ever along with some other surprise players and OKC got rid of all of them because you can't have that. OKC is also taking "The Producers" approach. They can make more money with a terrible team.

This honestly sickens me how you guys are all rooting for our in-state rivals. Listen, I get it’s great to see kids from Oklahoma perform in the league but they’re going to continue to go to schools like OU or OSU if they think that will give them a better chance of making the NBA.

OKC is not trying to win a championship...OKC is in the business of making the owner(s) rich. OKC has all of these picks over the next few years and my guess is 90% play less than 2 seasons in OKC before getting traded somewhere else to avoid salary cap hits. OKCs window was when Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka were here together. Once Ibaka was traded the writing was on the wall that OKC really didn't have a true desire to win a championship.

I will say that Presti is a magician at ripping other teams off though. The Celtics sent Kemba Walker AND a 1st round pick to OKC for Al Horford. I like Horford but he's probably 2-3 years from the end of his career whereas Walker probably has 5-6 solid years left. Presti absolutely wins that deal and suckered Brad Stevens out of his 1st round pick this season.

OKC needs to be thought of more like they are the Sacramento Kings. The Kings had 3-4 seasons of being really good when they had Divac, Webber, and a few other star players but it was small period of time. Sacramento has neither the ad base or the fan base to keep that momentum flowing longterm. OKC is the same way. And OKC had Westbrook, a true superstar who wanted to stay here but OKC knew it was unfair to him to keep trying to keep him here and not wanting to spend money on any other pieces. Hell, OKC almost screwed the pooch last year being too good and making the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Chris Paul had one of his best seasons ever along with some other surprise players and OKC got rid of all of them because you can't have that. OKC is also taking "The Producers" approach. They can make more money with a terrible team.

I expect the Thunder to flip Walker for a couple of picks as well.

One thing that surprised me last year was trading 2 first round picks to get Poku when he most likely still would have been available anyway.

The other surprise was that another team actually wanted Moses Brown.

Lmao. Do you realize the Amount of Luxury Tax the owners paid in the last decade?

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978 and Gold*
Lmao. Do you realize the Amount of Luxury Tax the owners paid in the last decade?
Which is why we aren't likely to see OKC anywhere close to contending for a championship again. They just don't generate enough revenue and margin from the side deals to be able to afford that stuff. They may make the playoffs but they're never going to make a championship again. Sacramento is the same type of small cow town market OKC is. And OKC is following Sac's lead in this.

Which is why we aren't likely to see OKC anywhere close to contending for a championship again. They just don't generate enough revenue and margin from the side deals to be able to afford that stuff. They may make the playoffs but they're never going to make a championship again. Sacramento is the same type of small cow town market OKC is. And OKC is following Sac's lead in this.
”Sacramento” itself is only a half million people but the metro area is 2.5 million so it’s hard to equate that with small cow town.

You have to cut BLA some slack. He’s still upset that the “cow town“ Thunder GM took advantage of one of his beloved Boston teams.
Presti has gotten the better of a lot of teams. It wasn't bad if it were Walker for Horford straight up, but the fact Presti scored a 1st rd pick AND Walker for Horford is amazing. And the fact that Presti will likely turn Walker into a younger player and another pick is amazing

Reactions: Tulsafanzz

There’s a sucker born every minute.

A better question is, in what city will the OKC team wind up when they leave?

I lost all interest in the thunder after they rebuilt the roster.
Meh... like any professional sport, its a business.

The Thunder should have rebuilt a long time ago.. they got nothing for Durant. Durant should have been traded with time left on his contract. The prospects gained in that trade would have put them back in the mix by now...

I have no problem with player trades.. they and their contracts are just a commodity.. the organization is the brand.

I am a Cubs fan. But, I would trade Bryant, Baez, Rizzo, Contreras and Kimbrel if it would give the franchise a chance at winning the series 3 yrs from now..

You gotta think about the long game..

I want Patrick Beverly suspended for next season. Get that crap out of the game. He was annoying as hell in every game and then attacks the star of the other team when he knows he’s beat.

I want Patrick Beverly suspended for next season. Get that crap out of the game. He was annoying as hell in every game and then attacks the star of the other team when he knows he’s beat.
It's way too easy to get under Beverly's skin. Paul said something to him but if Beverly were going to do something about it, at least do it face to face. Can you imagine what Beverly would do if Michael Jordan or Larry Bird were trash talking him? Those 2 were legendary trash talkers in their day and they were gabbing at some of the best to play the game. Beverly's a nobody. They would have made him want to curl up and cry himself to sleep.

Seeing CP3 go to the finals is nice, but having Beverly off my TV until next year is even better.

Reactions: Gold*
Beverley ran his mouth in every single game. It was annoying to watch. And then he loses and can’t face the music like a man. Get him out of here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT