ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting predictions

A number of these guys will change their predictions to the school the kid is visiting next in case he commits on the visit. Then they get credit for a correct prediction. Aston is correct. Meyer is tied into Texas basketball and is the go to guy for predictions.

That one guy who transferred and left after a few days was top 100.

I think a lot of our best recruits predate the online recruiting hype services. Eric Coley and Dante Swanson would have been hyped now I reckon.

McDaniel (believe he was from the OKC area) was fairly highly rated if I recall.

Reactions: TU_BLA
McDaniel (believe he was from the OKC area) was fairly highly rated if I recall.

Parade All American (3rd team, I think). Made a number of top 100 lists, Bob Gibbons, Hoop Scoop, etc.

As we've discussed here many times, we've had a number of top 100 guys but many were overrated like Jamie Gillen, Robert Bell, etc but some legits
in Shea Seals and Michael Ruffin.

Bailey is definately a legitimate top 100 guy and getting him could set us up for a great class in 2017.

A few weeks ago I would have thought we had no chance of landing him. Let's hope we can get a commitment before he heads to Oregon and 2 other good schools to finish out his 5 visits.

Last edited:
Lou Dawkins was a top 100 I think and Carlton McKinney was fairly highly rated. Tracy Moore up there too. Ricky Ross was probably the highest rated player we got since 1980.

Ratings are so subjective and so often change. But you can look at our current list of signings and prospects and see who we are recruiting against. These kids have offers from other basketball schools and are choosing MY basketball school to come and play.

Damn good to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT