ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting March Madness email from the NCAA

nevadanatural

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Due to health and safety concerns, the Division I Men's Basketball Committee has decided to relocate the 13 sites previously chosen to host preliminary rounds of the 2021 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.

Despite the challenges the pandemic continues to present to our country, March Madness will take place in 2021. The environment in which we live is drastically different, which means the tournament will clearly have a different feel to it, but we will safely conduct this event despite the obstacles we are facing. It was determined that the most effective way of doing so is to stage the event in one city, using multiple venues. The NCAA is in preliminary discussions with the state of Indiana and the city of Indianapolis to conduct the entire championship in the metropolitan area. No decision has been made regarding fan attendance at any NCAA tournament game. However, the NCAA committee and staff will remain in communication with nation and local experts from within the medical field to decide the best course of action.

At this time, there are no changes to the field size of 68 or the dates March Madness is typically held. The original key dates include Selection Sunday® on March 14, the tournament start date on March 16 and the National Championship on April 5.
NCAA, March Madness and Selection Sunday are trademarks held by the National Collegiate Athletic Association. All other licenses or trademarks are property of their respective holder.
National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46204
You are receiving this email because you signed up to receive the NCAA.com promotional emails.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Maybe if we stopped doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result this would be over by March.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT