ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation and a recession are now here :(

I think he means questionable, at best, determinations of disability during the Obama administration when unemployment benefits ran out for some otherwise able bodied workers, mostly poor whites in middle America.
He puts crap up here that he sees on unreliable sites. That's why I wanted to hear what he was referring to. He doesn't say it's questionable in most cases. He states it as fact.

Well, it’s fact that hundreds of thousands of people were declared disabled and remain “disabled” mostly because their unemployment benefits ran out during the Great Recession. Congress would not extend them, so the Obama Administration encouraged folks to apply for disability to fill the gap. Not surprisingly a substantial plurality never left, as it pays 90% of minimum wage and allows folks to work for cash on the side. Or sit on their couch and abuse drugs. Their own people estimate an astronomical number, iirc upwards of 30% of all payments are made to persons who are not eligible. Go to their webpage. It will blow your mind. You can be put on disability for feeling anxious. Not a clinical diagnosis of general anxiety disorder. Just expressing those feelings and saying it impairs your ability to work. There’s a judge in the Midwest who has never denied a claim going back years. If you want to know how/why Dollar General has stores in the middle of nowhere, this is why. They purchase the data on disability payments and build on real estate with favorable appreciation potential in areas that meet minimum thresholds on SSA, SSDI etc.

Last edited:
I had a client tell me recently the downward slide in inflation numbers are not real. Says the government is reporting false numbers to keep increases in Soc Sec payments lower than they should be.
I've heard a lot of comments from clients on politics and the stock markets, hadn't heard that one before.
Amazing what is out on the internet.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Well, it’s fact that hundreds of thousands of people were declared disabled and remain “disabled” mostly because their unemployment benefits ran out during the Great Recession. Congress would not extend them, so the Obama Administration encouraged folks to apply for disability to fill the gap. Not surprisingly a substantial plurality never left, as it pays 90% of minimum wage and allows folks to work for cash on the side. Or sit on their couch and abuse drugs. Their own people estimate an astronomical number, iirc upwards of 30% of all payments are made to persons who are not eligible. Go to their webpage. It will blow your mind. You can be put on disability for feeling anxious. Not a clinical diagnosis of general anxiety disorder. Just expressing those feelings and saying it impairs your ability to work. There’s a judge in the Midwest who has never denied a claim going back years. If you want to know how/why Dollar General has stores in the middle of nowhere, this is why. They purchase the data on disability payments and build on real estate with favorable appreciation potential in areas that meet minimum thresholds on SSA, SSDI etc.
You are talking about graft on the system. I don't think that's what aTuFan was referring to, but I could be wrong. Graft will always be there. That obviously takes place in all areas of the government. From the defense budget, to general contracts for government jobs, to anything and everything else.

I had a client tell me recently the downward slide in inflation numbers are not real. Says the government is reporting false numbers to keep increases in Soc Sec payments lower than they should be.
I've heard a lot of comments from clients on politics and the stock markets, hadn't heard that one before.
Amazing what is out on the internet.
I feel like I have my tin foil hat on with this post so bear with me. Will the government intentional lie about inflation data due to SS…no. However, the Fed’s know we can’t play 5% on the $34T we have borrowed. Will they do everything in their power to lower those inflation numbers in hopes of bringing down bond yields….yes. They have too. Will that include fudging numbers or adjusting how certain data is reported? Maybe. See the numbers contained in my last post. Those are simply not sustainable. Debt service costs must go down

Biden buying more votes with student loans forgiveness? how can we, taxpayers, keep paying for his spending.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT