ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I am not wanting this to be a political debate and I know in the big picture organizations like the NCAA and companies will make decisions based on what their ideals and values are. Connecticut was one of the first states to come out in opposition of RFRA by stating they would eliminate doing business with Indiana companies and no longer support state funded travel to Indiana for business of any kind. What I failed to connect was how that would impact the state universities of Connecticut and potential NCAA competition, meetings, etc. until I saw an article that UCONN's coaches would not be participating in the Final Four or NABC meeting this coming week because of the new policy.

Of course, Arkansas sees the backlash Indiana is going through so they go ahead and pass a similar law. Arkansas...where doing things backwards seems the right thing to do.

There shouldn't even be a controversy. Misinformation everywhere, and politicians looking to score political points. Both extremes, left and right, think the law does things that it doesn't do. Sucks for UCONN's teams. I'm sure it will help campaign donations though.

This post was edited on 4/1 3:10 PM by URedskin54

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT