ADVERTISEMENT

in Trump's defense..

How does the United States of America end up with these two awful choices for the leader of the free world?

How does the United States of America end up with these two awful choices for the leader of the free world?
A broken political system that probably needs overhauled.

It's kind of like asking, "How was Joseph Stalin elected by 99.7% of the populous of the USSR?"

I think a lot of folks out there in the middle may choose to vote for those that seem "least" radical. Right now with the rioting at the Trump rallies, black lives matter, occupy movement and Mexican flag waving, a lot of folks may vote against the radicals out of fear they will be in charge and this will be the new norm. And then there is the bathroom thing at their child's elementary school.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/06...hington-public-schools-including-kindergarten

Last edited:
A lot of the 'radicals' you speak of exist simply because of Trump's stances. If his rhetoric wasn't catching on, you wouldn't see people acting as they are.

Reactions: WATU2
A lot of the 'radicals' you speak of exist simply because of Trump's stances. If his rhetoric wasn't catching on, you wouldn't see people acting as they are.
It's amazing that someone thinking that we should enforce a law is considered an extremist.

There's zero excuse for what I'm seeing in San Jose. Mobs attacking women. Punching people who are simply walking down the street. Burning American flags while carrying Mexican flags. Trump or not this type of behavior is sickening.

Agreed, it is awful, but take a step back and consider that Trump's arrival on the scene and his frequent references to violence is what's new to the presidential process.

Had Ryan or Rubio or even Cruz been the candidate, this would not be happening. So blame the anti-Trump forces all you want, but the source of the things we are watching with horror is Trump and the reaction to the hatred, bigotry and ugly view of America that he is promoting.

Last edited:
A broken political system that probably needs overhauled.

It's kind of like asking, "How was Joseph Stalin elected by 99.7% of the populous of the USSR?"

Uh... No one could vote unless they were communist party members... And there was only one party/candidate on the ballot...

The ussr' system wasn't broken... In fact in the minds of some of the posters on this board, I'm sure it was considered to be a perfect system.

Uh... Years of federal education mandates and a celebrity culture that promotes the kardashians over civic discussion...

Uh... No one could vote unless they were communist party members... And there was only one party/candidate on the ballot...

The ussr' system wasn't broken... In fact in the minds of some of the posters on this board, I'm sure it was considered to be a perfect system.
That's exactly what I was saying. Their political election system was a sham just like ours is. The illusion of choice is presented to the public... So we think, Yay! We get two choices instead of just 1!

Uh... Years of federal education mandates and a celebrity culture that promotes the kardashians over civic discussion...
Since I was the person that would probably have been through public school last in this conversation, I would love to know your opinion on which public school mandates led to the candidacy of Trump and Clinton.

Noble makes a good point about our educational system letting us down, but not because of federal mandates. Too often our public education has been underfunded and increasingly tasked with addressing social ills that result from poverty. Just talk with anyone who has worked for Teach for America or similar programs.

A friend's daughter is teaching in a Tulsa elementary right now and has to use her own money to fund basic school supplies.

But the educational system is just a single contributing factor among many. Trump is right about campaign funding issues.

Last edited:
Since I was the person that would probably have been through public school last in this conversation, I would love to know your opinion on which public school mandates led to the candidacy of Trump and Clinton.

Way to cherry pick an answer in a context totally outside of that in which it was answered. You should know better than to assume one or two specific federal election mandates were what N Cane was referring to. He was referring to them en masse over the years. I expect better than that except out of one or two posters on the board, and they aren't you. That is something to the effect of arguing against in a red herring context. That says nothing for or against the argument he was making.

I expect better than that except out of one or two posters on the board, and they aren't you. That is something to the effect of arguing against in a red herring context. That says nothing for or against the argument he was making.
Ad hominen comments do not add to the conversation. There is an ignore button as an alternative.

How is my comment ad hominem? So we should just ignore all the comments that do not add to the conversation(I'm not referring to my comment), such that we end up with a bunch of comments that don't add to the conversation in that we do not even hardly have a debate? And this was not directed at A Martin, but against the position he was maintaining or not maintaining. Because I make the comment about 'I expect better...' ? That was an aside, and not the gist of my comment.

Last edited:
Way to cherry pick an answer in a context totally outside of that in which it was answered. You should know better than to assume one or two specific federal election mandates were what N Cane was referring to. He was referring to them en masse over the years. I expect better than that except out of one or two posters on the board, and they aren't you. That is something to the effect of arguing against in a red herring context. That says nothing for or against the argument he was making.
I think you mistook my intent. I just meant that a lot of the federally mandated educational policies of the last 20 or so years had little to do with whether or not Trump or Clinton got the nods. Great evidence of this would be the large youth movement behind Bernie.

More than anything I would say your vote is a product of your environment. I knew very few people at TU with political leanings far off of their region / their family. On top of that people generally will vote in their own best interest without thinking in a macro perspective. I don't see how educational mandates factor into either of those ideas unless you're arguing that the federal mandates don't address the correct areas. (Making high school students take civics / government courses)

I can tell you that young men in my fraternity coming from Houston were far more likely to be died in the wool conservative than ones coming from St. Louis or Kansas City. All three cities have significant urban and rural populations. The only difference is one relies on an industry that is backed by conservatives.

Last edited:
I think you mistook my intent. I just meant that a lot of the federally mandated educational policies of the last 20 or so years had little to do with whether or not Trump or Clinton got the nods. Great evidence of this would be the large youth movement behind Bernie.

More than anything I would say your vote is a product of your environment. I knew very few people at TU with political leanings far off of their region / their family. On top of that people generally will vote in their own best interest without thinking in a macro perspective. I don't see how educational mandates factor into either of those ideas unless you're arguing that the federal mandates don't address the correct areas. (Making high school students take civics / government courses)

I can tell you that young men in my fraternity coming from Houston were far more likely to be died in the wool conservative than ones coming from St. Louis or Kansas City. All three cities have significant urban and rural populations. The only difference is one relies on an industry that is backed by conservatives.

I do not think the argument in this context was that they got the nods because of mandates, but that they got the nods instead of better candidates because of (flawed)federal mandates over the years leading to a poor education. I don't necessarily agree with this statement, just trying to get the argument straight.

But then again we all know that N Cane wishes to argue against much of anything coming from federal government because of his distaste for anything but a very limited federal mandate upon any issue.

The youth movement behind Bernie is a good and valid comment against....

More than anything I would say your vote is a product of your environment. I knew very few people at TU with political leanings far off of their region / their family. On top of that people generally will vote in their own best interest without thinking in a macro perspective.

Good point, especially if one continues go to school and live and work in the same environment, and as a result have those views constantly reinforced.

The internet, talk radio, and cable TV have created the ability for people to pick and chose only "news" sources that support the views that they have grown up with and want to hear.

Good point, especially if one continues go to school and live and work in the same environment, and as a result have those views constantly reinforced.

The internet, talk radio, and cable TV have created the ability for people to pick and chose only "news" sources that support the views that they have grown up with and want to hear.

I had to laugh at this comment since the poster is one of the first to dismiss and deride any news source that doesn't agree with his world view...

I had to laugh at this comment since the poster is one of the first to dismiss and deride any news source that doesn't agree with his world view...
Like bho dissing fox.
Or like the la times refusing to publish any articles or letters to the editor that don't support the status quo on climate change.

Like bho dissing fox.
Or like the la times refusing to publish any articles or letters to the editor that don't support the status quo on climate change.
Let me ask, do you regularly watch anything OTHER than Fox News?

That's funny since you parrot their views and slogans to the extreme on a daily basis. Mabye you listen to KRMG, they play syndicated shows with the same views. I'm guessing you are a religious Rush Limbaugh listener. Hannity? Glenn Beck? You must be a regular listener to at least one of those shock jocks.(whether you admit it or not is another story)

Last edited:
Trump was in Dallas yesterday.

Before his visit, the headline in the paper read "Dallas police ready for Trump"

The headline implies that DT and his supporters will be a problem.

The only problems the police had, were with the protesters outside the event. (not covered )
They are so influenced by so much misinformation, slanted reporting.
One reporter got hit by a rock thrown by a protester.

So much for the press reporting the FACTS.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT