ADVERTISEMENT

I know this if fball board but no one posts on soccer gen board

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
Can someone at the sweet 16 game give a score to see if we made it to the elite eight just like our bball team a few years ago

We are down 2-1 with 20ish minutes left.

This is why twitter is the best, fastest news source, my friends.

Felt like we dominated the first half. Had opportunities to be up 2-0 if not 3-0 at half and had a feeling it would come back to bite us. We probably would've lost at Georgetown next weekend anyhoo, but still would've like to move on.

Wow...stunned. We get the home game against an upstart squad and blow a halftime lead?

Can we just put this entire week behind us?

Someone said recently they'd like to see TU get a live mascot, maybe like a bulldog or something. I'm pretty sure if we had one, it would have died this week due to someone kicking it in the ribs.

I'm one bitter ass Hurricane fan tonight... Need to go crack open a Boulevard and pray it doesnt lead to the hard stuff.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
Felt like we dominated the first half. Had opportunities to be up 2-0 if not 3-0 at half and had a feeling it would come back to bite us. We probably would've lost at Georgetown next weekend anyhoo, but still would've like to move on.TU missed at least three great shots in the first half. USD goalie (or whatever you call that position in kick ball) made one solid save. USD had legitimate "goons" on their back line which made for some interesting moments.

Could be worse. At least we had beer!

TU had plenty of chances. Holding onto a lead like that in a tourney game is hard. You want to score around the 60 minute mark -- not that early and have to defend the lead nearly the entire game.

USD totally disrupted the midfield in the second half. Until it was tied, it looked to me like TU didnt do anything after halftime except try to thread long passes from the back line to the forwards, hoping for some breakaway one on one situations. Clearly, they wanted to keep a narrow shape and hold back numbers, but at a certain point it started to look like AYSO ball. I dont think I saw a pass from a defender to a midfielder that was held and connected to a forward in the second half. So they went over the top, but the forwards couldnt hold the ball and find support at all after 60 mins. ... and when they couldnt do that, you knew USD would score again with their pressure.

And to USD's credit, they kept up the pressure, even after they took the lead. It was 2-1 at like the 75th minute and I was shocked when they did a deep switch and flooded five into the box to await the cross. Either they had no respect for our forwards or they were just plain gutsy.

Still, a great season and no shame in the loss. Big thanks to Coach McIntosh, his staff, and most of all the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT