ADVERTISEMENT

I find it odd...

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
That so little news is coming out of the program in the past few weeks in regards to filling the asst coaching position and the open scholarship.

My info is we have 4 guys now gone. Rep, Little, Big E, and Dew. Hate to see Dew go, thought he had great upside. But we really need to be smart with these openings. We have the opportunity to bring in a couple of major contributors for next year and hopefully beyond.

Should have some visits soon as signing period starts the 15th. Not sure why there has been no movement or announcement on the assistant position.

Re: I find it odd...[/URL]T Up posted on 4/7/2015...

My info is we have 4 guys now gone. Rep, Little, Big E, and Dew.

So both the guys Haith signed last year are now gone?

True.

How's this....of the 7 players signed over the last two recruiting classes only 2 are still on campus. The 2016-2017 season was shaping up as a tough go anyway. As it appears now, we will have almost no one on that squad with any type of D1 experience absent some transfers coming in with this class.

Did I miss the news or is Big E & Dew just rumor.

This post was edited on 4/7 3:47 PM by Gmoney4WW

Don't forget Petar Rustic.

This post was edited on 4/7 8:32 PM by Gold*

What about the transfer that was on campus for like one week? Don't remember how many years ago that was. I think he was from auburn?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by lawpoke87:

True.

How's this....of the 7 players signed over the last two recruiting classes only 2 are still on campus. The 2016-2017 season was shaping up as a tough go anyway. As it appears now, we will have almost no one on that squad with any type of D1 experience absent some transfers coming in with this class.
Hard to count losses against Haith since he had no time to recruit and had to take what was left. That being said, Manning did find Harrison and Ray as late signees but never a big man in two years.

Big time pressure on Haith now though with a ton of scholarships to fill with AAC caliber players.

Is the TU administration not allowing us to sign " 1 and dones" ?
shock.r191677.gif

Originally posted by astonmartin708:
To be fair, one of them was DMann's guys.
Coach Haith did have to re-recruit Littlejohn. Technically speaking though, if Dew does leave, then both of Coach Haith's 2015 spring signings will have in-fact left the program. Petar Rusic signed and never showed up.

TX

This post was edited on 4/7 11:00 PM by texcane1982

Originally posted by texcane1982:

To be fair, one of them was DMann's guys.
Coach Haith did have to re-recruit Littlejohn. Technically speaking though, if Dew does leave, then both of Coach Haith's 2015 spring signings will have in-fact left the program. Petar Rusic signed and never showed up.

TX

This post was edited on 4/7 11:00 PM by texcane1982
Petar did show up. I saw him in practice... I don't think he would have ever been an impact player from what I saw.

I am a little disappointed if Dew leaves. I know he's probably looking at next year and not seeing many minutes, but if he was willing to redshirt and develop some, there is potentially a ton of minutes waiting in 2016-17.

Originally posted by pinaction:
I am a little disappointed if Dew leaves. I know he's probably looking at next year and not seeing many minutes, but if he was willing to redshirt and develop some, there is potentially a ton of minutes waiting in 2016-17.
Kids now days don't have the patience to sit, learn, and develope.

TX

Maybe Haith just decided he wasn't good enough. There were definitely minutes available for someone with Dew's supposed skill set.

There are guys available who can fill Dews spot... We need a big and another's G/F that can shoot. We better be going hard after Tyson Jolly.

That so little news is coming out of the program in the past few weeks in regards to filling the open scholarship.
FWIW, Bill Lowery and I have posted quite a bit of info on 2015 prospects in Hurricane Alley. There are several threads going, along with all the 2016 and 2017 stuff as well.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but...I find it odd that there is no loyalty or thanks from a kid who had major health issues and tulsa was still offering a scholarship. Where was gonzaga and California when jolly had health issues? Just wish things ended up differently. Again I'm just connected dots, my info could be off

Reed doesn't help us out next year. We still need a big man and another small forward to challenge Pat Birt for play time and in practice.

Reed might not help us next year but he would likely be our starting two guard beginning in 2016 and thereafter. You must take a player of his quality if he's available imo.

I have a feeling it will be a long day. Hoping for some quality recruits but not holding my breathe.
frown.r191677.gif

We'll get a couple of commitments from players who hold a few offers from low to mid-majors and talk about how they were sleepers and will be all-conference here.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I'm just worried about the transfers we're looking at and their character issues. Junior Etou out who left Rutgers lied about his age through high school.

It reminds me too much of Haith bringing in the head case (Clarkson) and we all know Clarkson was tampered with before his departure.

You mean the head case that came from TU? Y'all just get all worked up in your own head. Take a deep breath and see what happens.

Originally posted by nevadanatural:
You mean the head case that came from TU? Y'all just get all worked up in your own head. Take a deep breath and see what happens.
=>> High 5's This guy!!!^^^^^^^^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT