ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t see ap losses in front of us to move to top 25

#23 NC State should drop below us. #19 VA Tech losing to unranked Wake Forrest will drop below us. Now as I see it the big question will be do they look at the Iowa state loss bad enough to drop them 10 spots? Is the Tulsa win over USF bigger than Memphis win over Temple? Will a Cincinnati win over the Smoo drop them out of the top 25.To be honest I think we will still be outside the 25 until next week when we play ECU. But hey I don’t know how they will vote.

Unfortunately for us we beat a very bad team and next week it will be the same. We may have to wait a few weeks ....

Reactions: HuffyCane
Unfortunately for us we beat a very bad team and next week it will be the same. We may have to wait a few weeks ....

And that's probably a fair assessment. We need to beat SMU or Navy before we earn a top 25 spot. UCF was the softest #11 team out there unfortunately... I'm glad we took them down from their perch, better us than someone else! If we'd beat OSU, we would certainly deserve to be in the top 25 even with only 3 games played. LIke HuffyCane said, 26 sounds about right. On the fringe, but maybe an additional reinforcement is required for us to be bumped up to to 25 or better. I'm happy we're even HAVING this discussion after the last 4 seasons under Monty...

We didn’t play last week and stayed high receiving votes.

I think a blowout on the road means something to folks who are paying attention to us, which is a lot of folks. OSU and UCF winning helps us.

We played OSU closer than anyone but #17 Iowa State and they did it at home.

Bottom line... We have some things going for us....

The cbs sports ranking that just came out has Ou 24 Arkansas 28 Tulsa 29 Texas 49 still waiting for ap

I knew Indiana would magically jump into it with one win. Also knew ou would jump in with a win against a bad tcu team. Keep winning and we will be in eventually. But I dont think itll be until after the navy game

I knew Indiana would magically jump into it with one win. Also knew ou would jump in with a win against a bad tcu team. Keep winning and we will be in eventually. But I dont think itll be until after the navy game
Boise magically jumped in with a single win over Utah St as well. Boise, Indiana, and Liberty are moving off of status and the last couple of seasons performance. I think it's still possible we get in after E Carolina, but the only solid bet would be after Navy, if we get two wins over the next couple of weeks.

The problem for us is that pretty much everyone is playing now. And we only had two games to make an impression when folks were paying attention. In other words we have had bad luck with scheduling and Covid.

The problem for us is that pretty much everyone is playing now. And we only had two games to make an impression when folks were paying attention. In other words we have had bad luck with scheduling and Covid.
And recent history.

We won’t be in until Coastal Carolina is out.

Need Pony to keep winning then slap their butts on national tv. We will solidify our standing in the polls after that. If Cincy wins out, we will be sitting pretty after we beat them.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It’s really meaningless at this point anyway. Winning is all that counts. Win out to Cincy and then If we win we get to play them twice at our place.

It’s really meaningless at this point anyway. Winning is all that counts. Win out to Cincy and then If we win we get to play them twice at our place.
Completely agree. The structure of the remaining schedule will allow them to continue to gradually prove themselves. The next two opponents are beatable. (ECU and Navy). At least at first glance. Then SMU. Followed by Tulane, which should be a win but their young quarterback could cause us fits. Coog and Bearscat will be slugfests

This week we need Memphis to lose at Cincy, boise to lose at Air Force and liberty to lose at Virginia tech nov 7 teams in front of us ap ranking votes

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT