ADVERTISEMENT

I do it for the Memes

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
pskuab1bfed51.jpg

Reactions: TU_BLA
Row 1, left. Very true. I assume they are.

Row 1, Right. Too broad of a statement. I'm sure there are places where that is true, partially true, and false. 50 states, 77 counties in Oklahoma probably something like that in many states. Add city PDs.

Row 2. left. Mass protest, true. Civic disruptions depends on if I am hurt and need an ambulance. Or you are very sick and need to get to a doctor.

Row 2 Right. True.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
top left - george floyd was killed by a co-worker who is a cop

top right - not true

bottom left - correct to a point

bottom right - libs try to justify this

Last edited:
Row 1, left. Very true. I assume they are.

Row 1, Right. Too broad of a statement. I'm sure there are places where that is true, partially true, and false. 50 states, 77 counties in Oklahoma probably something like that in many states. Add city PDs.

Row 2. left. Mass protest, true. Civic disruptions depends on if I am hurt and need an ambulance. Or you are very sick and need to get to a doctor.

Row 2 Right. True.
In many (not all to be fair) areas of the country they are all true.

top left - george floyd was killed by a co-worker who is a cop

top right - not true

bottom left - correct to a point

bottom right - libs try to justify this

edit... I effed up...

Top left is true. If you can't see that, you're a part of the problem.
Top right is partially true. I'm happy you've never had to experience this. I have but, fortunately wasn't shot or killed. Most cops are good, just like most protesters. By LEO allowing their folks to commit crimes over and over again and not be punished, they have brought a lot of this on themselves. I don't want to see cops hurt or killed by any means but, they must be held accountable by their own when they cross the line. The media also owns accountability here with not just publishing the last few minutes of an encounter but rather get the information and video on the entire encounter before inciting unrest.
Bottom left is true with the caveat that civil disruptions should be near last resort... where I feel a lot of folks feel they're at.
Bottom right is true. I don't see anything productive that comes out of this. Most vandalism and looting is due to folks taking advantage of the situation who are not really there to protest whatever cause it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
Bottom left is true with the caveat that civil disruptions should be near last resort... where I feel a lot of folks feel they're at.
Most larger cities do require permits, not because they can tell you no, but so they can put the appropriate safety measures in place to protect protesters and counter-protesters. For those who think protests should not cause disruption to the daily lives of those not actively participating in said protests...how do you think the point gets across? How do people protesting injustice get the point across that their lives are disrupted daily (and sometimes permanently) either because they've had a negative encounter or they directly know someone who has? Protests cannot be comfortable or convenient for anyone involved. Now I do not condone the violence and looting that goes on, but as I mentioned in another thread, that is usually a byproduct of the original protest and undertaken by opportunists with no direct skin in the protest itself. Protests can disrupt but they should not destroy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT